What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

I will take any and all unwanted bowls of hot cheese off anyone’s hands at any time.

Gripe: I’m vacating my apartment at the end of my lease in about 6 weeks, and they’re showing it to new prospective tenants. I understand, this is unavoidable. But the truth is… strangers barging all up into my safe space unpredictably throws a real wrench into the PTSD that I usually manage fairly well.

The leasing agents are not being at all respectful or professional - they’re supposed to give me advance notice, confine showings to appointment times, and only operate during normal business hours and they’re doing none of these.

I’ve been keeping the place immaculate and staged, but I’m about ready to be naked, surrounded by garbage, and using only my hands to eat the world’s stinkiest tuna casserole next time they come a-knockin’. This notion is keeping me mildly amused while I try to keep my nervous breakdown low-key enough to continue earning a living.

6 Likes

I was done with rentals back in the early 90s until I bought my house in 1996 just because of similar practices… F That :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Cripes… sorry to hear that the leasing agents are being next-level jerkfaces like that. I’m prone to anxiety/panic attacks myself, so I hate hearing that this is making your PTSD flare up.

For whatever it’s worth, if it means anything, I hope everything goes well for you with that whole process. Just know that some random internet eccentric is throwing nothing but good vibes in your direction.

4 Likes

Are there new ones abandoned every semester or is it the same cats moving out from the college lands because nobody is there between semesters to feed them?

1 Like

If they are violating your rights by coming unannounced and at any hour, just tell them no when they come. Don’t let them in if they don’t have an appointment.

5 Likes

Just feeling generally overwhelmed and unproductive.

The hipsters of bygone days were correct: :notes: Spring can really hang you up the most… :notes:

3 Likes

TBH, I never made it past season 1, for precisely that reason.

“I get it, they’re awful.”

I do respect that they never stooped to “Very Special” Episodes, and Larry David is certainly clever. But I began to sense a formula akin to “Murder She Wrote”, where the outcome became almost instantly obvious based on one anomalous moment.

However, I will never forgive Jason Alexander for abandoning “Duckman”.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong to do so.

2 Likes

You’re so right! As soon as I get where I’m going, I’m looking to buy the house they’ll carry me out of one day, because there’s not enough F That in the world for this nonsense.

If they are violating your rights by coming unannounced and at any hour, just tell them no when they come. Don’t let them in if they don’t have an appointment.

You’re also so right! What I’ve ended up doing is gritting my teeth and letting them in since they’ve already upset my equilibrium anyway, and I figure the sooner someone rents this joint the sooner the ordeal ends. But I’m completely enabling the unprofessional behavior.

For whatever it’s worth, if it means anything, I hope everything goes well for you with that whole process. Just know that some random internet eccentric is throwing nothing but good vibes in your direction.

It means a lot and you’re super kind. :hugs:

5 Likes

I hope the funk lifts before you’re tempted to make any ill-considered wishes about Nooooo Springs!

4 Likes

:hugs: It’s so damn hard to say “No” when people more powerful than you are pushing your buttons, often on purpose. Without going into too much detail, because of my job, I’ve… heard some stories. :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

I’ve been there a lot. Hell, I go there a lot.

Well, to better times and better circumstances, anyways - cheers!

3 Likes

:hugs:

You’re awesome people like that. I’ll look forward to hearing good news from your direction of the world before too long.

3 Likes

Yes. Our local university is currently on Spring break and 3 different cats already have shown up around here. None of them have any collars or any kind of identification on them

2 Likes

Have you checked the Alley Cat Allies site? I think they have a map where you can zero in on Trap/Neuter/Release practitioners and resources in your area. I know you mention that you have traps, but it’s a hard road for only one or two people to hoe. The college itself should be taking some responsibility for this.

1 Like

There’s a lot of off-campus rentals that students rent and I know some of them are No Pets allowed but they tend to sneak them in. The university only handles on-campus issues.
I honestly don’t have the time to seek out places like this every time a new stray shows up. I just contact the county animal shelter to pick them up and hope they get adopted.
In the 26 years I’ve lived here, There’s been hundreds of stray cats left abandoned.

1 Like

GODDAMMIT THIS IS NOT GRIPING

:grin:

3 Likes

BUT THIS GRIPING ABOUT MY NOT GRIPING BRINGS THIS BACK AROUND TO GRIPING AND WOULD THUS INSPIRE ME TO GRIPE AS WELL, THUS KEEPING THIS THREAD ON TOPIC, SO HERE GOES

it’s been raining very hard and i have had it with these raindrops on my roof

I’M HELPING

:grin:

3 Likes

Ugh, there I was having a perfectly awful problem that I was really upset about, and some internet stranger had the absolute nerve to wish me the best and make me smile.
Am I doing it???

6 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes