Which host or bot is your personality twin?

Hi again – So I know I’m popping back into this old thread and that this might seem a little off-topic but bear with me…

Per my note above I’ve chosen to identify with M. Waverly for various reasons (and despite being an OLD old-school tape-trading era fan from the early days).

I was super, super lucky to get to go to one of the first Time Bubble live shows on the last tour (Washington D.C.) and I was even more lucky to go with a MSTie buddy who got us the meet’n’greet.

Now I don’t usually like to show myself off in any way but – I’m going to attach my “photo op” picture below. Those of you who got to do this know that a) photo ops this year were distanced and masked (at least early in the tour) and b) Emily and the cast did special poses on request for each person – they were amazing and so nice!

My photo makes no sense at all out of context and I know that. But here’s what’s going on: I told the cast that I was promoting a (tongue in cheek) fandom for M. Waverly, and that he was my favorite bot and that I was disappointed that they didn’t let him come on the tour. So in my pic I asked them to pretend that M. Waverly was just off-camera and that they were welcoming him in to join my picture. And of course the cast responded splendidly. Here’s a (pixelated) zoom:

PXL_20211107_225034478 - detail

I’m posting this here for a couple reasons – One, in honor of March 4th and the return of MST3K, I just want to acknowledge and thank the whole cast and crew but the touring cast in particular: they were amazing and I’m so pleased that everyone gets their part in the new multi-screen Gizmoplex. But I’m also posting this – and in this thread – because I just now noticed that @themwaverly himself reacted to my post above. Grant, I don’t know if the touring cast has let you know just how they feel about M. Waverly, but I feel obliged to reveal the picture evidence here for all to see. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

At the right or wrong time, depending on various circumstances and who I’m having to deal with, Joel, Crow, or Servo.

1 Like

They are just jealous. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One thousand percent, no question. :rofl:

1 Like

Growler: A fairly laid back friend who likes bringing people together with music.

I’ve thought about this topic quite a bit and even though I love the other bots dearly, I haven’t really related to any of them very much. Growler hasn’t appeared very often but I enjoy his presence, he seems like one of the more Jim Henson inspired characters in the series.

As for hosts, that’s far less specific - kinda a combination of Frank, Joel and Jonah (Joel’s dry humor and laid back nature, Jonah’s idealism and Frank’s random silliness).

4 Likes