Worst Idea Ever: MST3K Inspired Dishes.

"Manos: Thighs of Fate"

Chicken thighs with a generous coating of Torgo’s special dry rub, chargrilled to perfection over The Fires of Hell.

Served with your choice of sauce:
The Master’s Approved BBQ (so complex it takes six wives to create)
The Sauce of Fate (decreed my Manos himself, even we don’t know what it is)
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ

Note: Charcoal can be substituted if you are unable to obtain the Fires of Hell, but may taste less soulfull.

11 Likes

Iron Chef, with Joel/Mike/Jonah as Chairman Kaga, Crow as Chen Kenichi, Tom Servo as Hiroyuki Sakai (based on their colour schemes) and the combined Mads as the Ota Faction.

3 Likes

The Crawling Pie
Project Mooncake
Rocket Salad USA
First Spaetzle on Venus
Cava Dwellers
Peapod People
Time of the Grapes
The Amazing Colossal Manchego
Mighty Monterey Jack
War of the Colossal Beef
Santa Claus conquers the Marshmallows
Master Ginger I & II
Attack of the Giant Lychees
Tortellinimented
Monster a-Cocoa
Manos: The Hands of Feta
Secret Agent Soup Dragon
The Magic Pottage of Sinbad
Egg-ah
Teenage Creme brulee
Village of the Chiantis
The Creeping Terrine
Kitten with a Whipped Cream
High School Jello Shot
Red Wine Cuba
Deathstalker & the Warriors from Taco Bell
The Peach Woman
I was a Teenage Werewaffle
Riding with Death by Chocolate
Prince of Spice
Devil Dhal
The Deadly Beets
The Touch of Seitan
Queso of the Delta Knights
Girl in Cold Soups
Blood Pudding of Dr Z
Lamb Rack of the Moon Beast
The Thyme Travellers
At the Apple’s Core
Lords of the Deep Pan Pizza

21 Likes

BRAVO

5 Likes

Brilliant! Now THAT’S devotion! LMAO

2 Likes

I know them! They conquer my stomach every visit.

John Witherspoon Funk GIF

4 Likes

Mcclure’s dino ribs featuring cowboy mikes red hot ricooooochet! Bbq sauce

7 Likes

One year as we were getting ready to go camping at a sca event, my partner and I realized that we needed snacks and something easy to shove at our drunk friends to sponge up all the decisions being made. So! What did we have in the kitchen that could be used that wasn’t already destined to go in a cooler? What would be better the next day and survive being shoved in a basket and driven to a hot medieval event??

Hamdingers

• One Tin pressurized flaky biscuits
  • Deli Turkey (or ham, naturally!)
  • Provolone or Gouda
  • Chopped cooked bacon (optional)
  • Diced cooked onion & peppers (optional)
  • Whole grain mustard (optional)
  • Sesame seeds etc for garnish

This recipe is very basic, please switch out ingredients to your taste. The above is just my favorite and I think it’s really nice.

Open up your tin of those pressurized biscuits. I suck at this because I’ve got nerve damage and can’t actuallt open it with a spoon on the seam the way it wants me to… so for a treat, Do Like I Do and peel the wrapper off and beat that sucker on the edge of the counter till it blows open and frightens the cat. Or make someone help.

Now separate out the biscuits and gently split them open like envelopes so that the biscuit still has a connected spine; letting them come all the way open is okay but we are going to stuff them, so the less you have to open them, the better.

Take a little deli meat and a little cheese and any extras and gently stuff the packet. I like to cube some Provolone so that one cube goes into each hamdinger. Extra fillings are up to you!

I shred the turkey or chop it up and mix it with any cooked onions or cooked bacon that I have and poke it in with the cheese. A tiny spoon of whole grain mustard is also good, especially if you dont have any cooked onions or don’t like them. Just don’t overstuff!

Gently close the seams of the biscuit around the edges. Some cheese might leak out, its okay. This is a very lazy recipe so we’re gonna be cool with it. Actually if you mix parm in with whatever melty cheese you have on hand it makes the meltout better.

To make them cute I then top them with sesame seeds like hamburger buns. Making them cute is like half the point. I’ve also used a mix like I was making everything bagels and that was good. You could put parmesan on top. Just garnish it a little with something good.

Cook according to the biscuit package directions. I use parchment paper under them.

These absolutely need to cool all the way down on a rack after baking. There’s a lot of moisture in the stuffing that has to evaporate or they will get soggy

They’re good warm but we found that they’re especially good the next day, and with yellow mustard. I usually make ham ones for my friends and turkey ones for me.

I hope you like our lazy little recipe! It’s nice for camping and hiking and making your drunk friends eat so they sit down and drink some dang old water. :slight_smile: cheers!

8 Likes

Pineapple juice chilled just right, and the roast! Squishy and red! Oh brother. Just a small slice for the boy at the end: he’s tired from our showering session.

You’ll never eat at Hamburger Harry’s again.

3 Likes

Definitely trying this one, and bonus points for being a fellow SCA nerd! HUZZAH!

2 Likes

Please never use Torgo, rub, and thighs in the same sentence ever again (jk!)

They could be stuffed thighs, similar to Thai Angel Wings! Stuffed with… something… unidentifiable that tastes… ummm, okay…

6 Likes

I misunderstood your title and thought you meant something like MST3K collectable plates. I went, ‘“Worst idea?” I think you mean Best idea!’ … And then I read your post and was sad :pensive::joy:

6 Likes

I read this in Crow’s voice.

2 Likes

A small piece of ham inspired by Hamlet.

2 Likes

I want the whole collection and the even more collectible SOL display stand! Of course I’ll wait to buy them for the inevitable discount at the thrift shop when the company making them goes out of business. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

A new kind of Loaded Potato. It’s loaded with electrical hookups. (Or at least ceremonial ones.)

If you want your recipe to be as authentic as possible, get someone huge and pink to help you out.

P.S. - There was a tumblr for a while where someone created a different MST3K cocktail almost every day. Do a search. It may still exist.

3 Likes

The same filling which goes in pizza rolls. That would be the obvious choice.

(I’ve never had pizza rolls.)

3 Likes

Atornedos of Beef
Devil Dolmathes
Diabolik-M-Aid
Hangar Steak 18
Jungle Green Goddess
Killer Gefilte Fish
Puma Manicotti
Reptilicustard
Secret Agent Super-Dressing
Space Mutton-y