Worst Line of Dialogue in a MST3K Movie

“I’m gonna MOON you, man!” - Mooney, The Beatniks

I mean…

[puts head in hands]

8 Likes

6 Likes

:smiley:

MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE STINGER and it’s not even close (which is amazing, considering that the same season gave us the hammy administrator waving his burned-ass hand in Being from Another Planet).

6 Likes

Is that Stud coming? :rofl: :laughing:

8 Likes

It may be cheating to go all umbrella-y with this one, but really, you could go with just about any line of narration from The Beast of Yucca Flats.

But for the sake of this exercise, I’ll go with the time-honored classic: “Flag on the moon… how did it get there?”

9 Likes

LOOK GUNS ARE TRICKY OK (frustrated flail)

6 Likes

But his screeching voice is SPECTACULARLY AMAZING.

“COMEANDGETIT!” [followed by flummoxed whining]

Wonderful.

The lyric “Sideburns don’t need your sympathy”… well, slightly less wonderful. Again, it may be cheating or not quite on the mark to go with a song lyric in this thread, but if we’re including those, the “sideburns” lyric is horrifically, laughably terrible.

7 Likes

Thanks for reminding me to quote an intensely skeptical Servo watching I Accuse My Parents: “The kiss-way to the promised land?

7 Likes

I don’t remember exactly how it went, and I am NOT looking it up, but Munchie’s “joke” about the lingerie section in a department store got an audible “Euuuuggh” from me when I first saw it.

8 Likes

Oh, sorry, I assumed Munchie was DQ’ed from this thread by virtue of being an unspeakable horror from top to bottom.

12 Likes

SO GLAD YOU JOGGED MY MEMORY, because you also had Happy Chef saying something, “Better give me that gun, son, you can’t eat with one hand.”

Ugh. That line.

WATCH ME EAT WITH ONE HAND, HAPPY CHEF. [nom nom nom singlehandedly]

7 Likes

[nonchalantly with other hand] BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM [sets down gun, delicately wipes lips with napkin]

5 Likes

Seems like maybe that was one of those “hey, work these words into one of the songs” kinda deals because of the original title:

In addition to “negative images of race and gender” propagated by such popular films, the MRC’s director admits to a special fascination with “Hollywood’s take on beatniks,” as reflected in films like 1958’s The Beatniks - originally titled Sideburns and Sympathy and, according to the MRC website, “commonly acknowledged as the first beatnik movie” (link)

Which, admittedly, is a god-awful thing to call a movie, but at least it might explain the wack lyrics.

10 Likes

Sideburns and Sympathy would’ve packed 'em in like Star Wars.

4 Likes

I maintain that he could have essay’d his way out of that.

6 Likes

Al was right! His juicy burgers, charbroiled using USDA Grade A prime beef, require two hands! And that’s to say nothing of the french fried potato garnish!

6 Likes

AL WAS GLOMMING ONTO ARCHAIC TRADITION

HE WAS A MILLIONAIRE WHO COULD’VE BEEN A BILLIONAIRE

3 Likes

[runs back into the room out of breath]

TODAY IS DEDICATED TO URANUS

there, i said it

6 Likes

It might have made more sense if there were some beatniks in the movie.

6 Likes

Details, details.

6 Likes