Worst MST3K Movie Couples

Dishonorable mention goes to this worst couple from The Incredibly Strange Creatures. Or is a threesome? Or if you include the boom mike, a foursome?

ISCWorst

However, this movie also gives us one of the best MST3K screen couples, the always-happy pairing of Madam Estrella & Ortega.

ISCBest

13 Likes

I’ve never been clear on this – were they biological siblings?

1 Like

No, Ator was given to that family as part of the plan to hide his birthright from his enemies. They were raised together from infancy, so they are siblings in everything but blood.

7 Likes

I guess that’s not quite as icky then? I can’t help but think of the Greg/Marsha subplot in The Brady Bunch Movie. :laughing:

5 Likes

It’s still pretty bad. Of course, it’s also a thing in other fiction. For example, I think in the book version of The Rescuers, the little girl grows up to marry one of her adoptive brothers. :confused:

3 Likes

The Talbots from The Leach Woman. Their opening scenes are just brutal.

12 Likes

There was a time when marrying one’s cousin was fairly normalised in European and American cultures. Didn’t make it right, but it was commonplace and, at some social tiers, even expected. “Inbred European Royalty” is less of a joke than it sounds.

2 Likes

True, though I don’t think the humans in The Rescuers had noble blood. I could be wrong, however. It’s been a decade or four.

4 Likes

Oh, it wasn’t just for royals. It was practiced at every level of society. But for royals, and other folks like wealthy industrialists, it was a means of keeping power and wealth within the family. Doesn’t mean the common folk couldn’t get in on it as well.

I’m personally glad it’s fallen far out of favor now.

3 Likes

Now I can’t stop thinking of Tom Serfo’s rant about nobility and our distorted views of actual life in the Middle Ages. I bet that didn’t make it into the thread about favorite sketches. I’m a bad fan. No magic swords for me.

5 Likes

Nominees #2: Dysfunctional enough to get accused!

AccusedParents

22 Likes

I nominate Renee and Raymond from the Dead Talk Back

A secret Mexican wedding, blackmail, clandestine meetings in the hall. It’s a match made in heaven, what could possibly go wrong?

Oh yeah, that.

The whole crossbow, ‘shot your spouse with an arrow in the chest and pinned her to the wall’ thing can put a damper on a marriage. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll work it out.

12 Likes

Runner up in that movie- any woman and NEEEEEAAAAL!

10 Likes

I’m going to go with Dr. Cortner and Jan-in-the-Pan from The Brain That Wouldn’t Die. He’s so busy trying to get her a slammin’ new bod that he can’t even come home to change the poor thing’s neck juice.

(Ick, what a sleazy movie.)

Besides, I’m a die-hard JitP/Cone-Headed Geek shipper.

19 Likes

Just what did he do for a living anyway? They were clearly wealthy and yet all he did was drink and party.

7 Likes

Ann and Jerry from the Killer Shrews.

8 Likes

Hobgoblins-1988-movie-Rick-Sloane-4 (2)

These two. Just…these two.

28 Likes

I submit a couple from Tormented.

15 Likes

Wealthy enough to live in a swanky house for hosting regular booze parties, yet not wealthy enough to hire a maid to clean the place.

My pick would be Dr. Lorenz and the Countess from The Corpse Vanishes.

6 Likes

"I see some very stupid children being born’.
Tom called it after they said two words to each other.
And hate to be that guy, but the proper pronounciation is ‘Werewilf’ in this case.

7 Likes