Worst Song From Your Favorite Artist?

Kiss is one of my all-time favorite bands, but they have several bad songs.

Let’s Put the X in Sex
Hooligan
God Gave Rock n Roll to You

But my least favorite is Mr Blackwell

I applaud this course of action.

2 Likes

In the interests of fairness, it WAS used to great effect in the Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey ending.

1 Like

It’s not a Kiss original either. Originally done by Argent in 1973.

I feel like it’s a song from Never Let Me Down by David Bowie. Like the Laughing Gnome is bad but at least it’s interesting. Never Let Me Down is almost completely forgettable except when he tells that weird spider story.

I’m going to have to disagree with you on that one, I am a Never Let Me Down enjoyer and I think given what he was doing with Young Americans and Let’s Dance, it’s kinda the black sheep third child in that " Bowie gone commercial" genre. Is it considered as good of an album? No, but it’s not Hours, or some of the early 2000’s stuff that is even more forgettable.

Which is funny, because I enjoy Heathen (assuming you put that in there), especially Everyone Says “Hi”.

That time on their debut album when Midnight Oil wrote a boy-meets-girl love song. And their only time. Though to it’s credit, it does use ‘reciprocating’ in describing the relationship.

Oh no, I like Heathen, Slip Away is one of my favorite Bowie songs ever, and the remix of A Better Future by Air not only has two musicians I like but is a cool song. I more mean like Reality or Earthling (Earthling is late '90’s, but I’m lumping it in there)

Did Earthling have “I’m Afraid of Americans”? Because that’s a banger. I can’t speak to anything else on those albums, though.

Yes, aside from that and Dead Man Walking it’s still not terribly interesting to me.

Oh, another one. I’m a Devo fan. But they dropped off after Uh Oh It’s Devo and while there are some good bits of music beyond that, it didn’t work as well and in their own words they felt like they were spinning their wheels. When they finally came back with Something for Everybody… well, that’s a great album (I love that you could vote on which songs make the album, essentially choosing 16 out of 20 and then releasing the album as they planned anyway saying “87% fan approved” or something akin to that.

Anyway, after that they did have some occasional songs, with Gerry releasing a Devo related song that isn’t bad but a bit heavy handed (and in the Jihad Jerry guise, which hasn’t aged well in terms of cultural appropriation). But they also released the terrible “Don’t Roofrack Me Bro!” Look, I get Devo is a political band, very much and I’m down with the cause of not being cruel to animals but it’s a bad song and even at the time it was clear it was so specific to a certain political incident with a reference to a “meme” that’s really just police brutality turned into a joke that it’s a novelty song, the kind of thing some people assumed about the band to begin with. And I think it’s their last song. Ugh.

Aw, I love that song! I don’t think it’s boring. I actually used it to talk about history in a class.

As far as songs I don’t like, while I love Billy Joel, I have to admit that “Scandanavian Skies” doesn’t do it for me. It’s just… weird. There’s a reason that’s not one of his popular songs and I wouldn’t be surprised if many people don’t know it at all.

The Strokes are one of my favorite bands. I listened to their last (perhaps best) and first two albums before I listened to any of their other music. As a purist, I hated their other three albums (2006, 2011, and 2013) at first because their sound had nothing in common with the garage rock sound that was at the core of their music. I have since come around on most of their music, but I still can’t get over some of the stylistic choices on 2013’s Comedown Machine, so I’m gonna have to nominate “Call It Fate, Call It Karma.” The song isn’t bad, but the sound has nothing in common with the Strokes’ best music. However, it’s impressive to think that in just 12 years, their music went from lo-fi production to lo-fi RnB.

For every great Nine Inch Nails album, there are 5 club remix versions that wear out the welcome

Any non-Fogerty track from Creedence’s Mardi Gras album.