You can get the rights to ONE missing episode. Which one?

YES :smiley:

And the rock volley fight stuff was a JOY.

3 Likes

The Final Sacrifice, of course. Tjardus Greidanus hates that one so much.

7 Likes

One of the best, too. Easy top-five installment in my book!

6 Likes

This thread encouraged me to dig up my old copy of The Projected Man. Boy is my copy bad. Any chance we will see it on the Gizmoplex in my lifetime?

3 Likes

Universal owns that one, so itā€™s unlikely. It is available to purchase in the Volume 30 DVD set though.

2 Likes

Iā€™m kinda hoping they lose the rights to Demon Squad. Woof!

2 Likes

And lose out on this hysterical episode? No thank you.

4 Likes

Revenge of the Creature. It was the beginning of the Pearl Forrester era, which had some of the best episodes.

2 Likes

My favorite episode on here is probably The Leech Woman, but that was already released on DVD. As for episodes that have never been released at all, I think I have to give it to Rocketship X-M. Itā€™s not the best episode on the list, far from it in fact. But its historical value is what makes it the obvious choice for me. The transition between seasons 1 and 2, the introduction of Frank and Kevin Murphy, Mikeā€™s first on screen appearance, all of these elements make this an important and fascinating episode to watch. Maybe one dayā€¦

6 Likes

ROWSDAUER! It would be The Final Sacrifice, even though I would LOVE to have the Godzilla movies. But I live in Northeast Ohio, home of Larry Csonka, and I would be remiss if I did not request it

5 Likes

I see a few links to full episodes hereā€¦ which brings to me the question - whatā€™s MST3K and Shout Factoryā€™s official stance right now on using these forums to ā€œcirculate the tapesā€. Because, I have as of a few days ago, finally completed my complete collection of every episode available in the best quality I could find, and Iā€™d like to share all of those ā€œmissing gemsā€ with my fellow MSTies.

Would it be okay to upload those to a server and share those links with my friends here? Or is that forbidden?

[Edited by @Lesley to remove a link.]

3 Likes

As someone with a nearly complete collection I also feel this urge to help others and Iā€™ll be interested in what the response isā€¦

2 Likes

MOD HAT: I have asked what the official stance is on using forum resources in such a way. Please stand by.

2 Likes

Given these forums are officially affiliated with MST3K, Iā€™m coming down with a hard no. We are continuously in the process of attempting to regain rights for these episodes, and if the folks who own them get wind of our allowing pirate copies to be traded on our forums, that would assuredly not do us any favors in trying to convince them we deserve to get those rights back.

Realistically, we know folks still trade files elsewhere, and we are not about to start tracking them down and demanding they stop! It just poses too many potential risks to allow it to happen here.

If you have linked to copies of episodes here, please remove your links asap. Thank you!

17 Likes

Soultaker. Because REUNIONS

4 Likes

Done. My apologies.

2 Likes

A very reasonable and reasoned response, thank you for the clarity.

4 Likes

Amazing Colossal Man, hands down. Best Joel/Bots interaction plus hilarious riffs. Also never been on DVD unlike many of these. Please, please, put this on dvd someday, wonā€™t you?

ā€œIā€™m HUGE!ā€

5 Likes

Attack of the the Eye Creatures (followed very closely by Deadly Bees and Riding with Death)

6 Likes

That, my friend, is all up to a woman named Susan (Hart) Nicholson. She also holds the rights to It Conquered the World, Terror from the Year 5000, I Was. Teenage Werewolf, and through a technicality on screenplay copyright also Attack of the Eye Creatures.

But there is a reason why none of these movies have seen a home media release, let alone the MST versions, and it all falls back in her.

5 Likes