A REQUEST FROM THE MST3K TEAM: Tell us your FAVORITE moments from Season 13!

emily2

Moments like this are a reminder that the cast and crew are just like us fans. The post-event sessions are a natural extension of the show’s approachable vibe.

19 Likes

Nah, it’s “Turkuels”. Or as JonTron taught me to say this pronounciation at around the 26-second mark…

4 Likes

For me, I’ve never gotten to experience the show with other Msties. I got into the show later, and was overjoyed when it can back for seasons 11 and 12. But I was still a fan by myself. Watching new episodes here in the Gizmoplex, with all you, experiencing it together? That’s been special. I don’t feel like a huge fan trapped on an island. I feel like a huge fan on an island with a bunch of other huge fans and new shows and Gamera’s here too, for some reason. And the island is complete, and home.

Oh yah, a few times a month we have special events on the island and there’s snacks and everything. Those events are truly, properly special. They are legitimate events and made every premiere and tribute memorable, exciting and awesome.

Truly, White Dot shines on us all.

22 Likes

Gosh this is a tough one. Some highlights…

Emily. EMILY!
Synthia and Mega Synthia
More Pearl!
Getting to interact with the Demon Squad folks
THIS FORUM

In terms of actual episode content? Fave episodes were in no special order:
Xmas Dragon
Beyond Atlantis
Dr Mordrid
The Mask
Demon Squad
Gamera vs Zigra

One more shout-out for Mother Crabber and for the Supportive Wrestler sketch. I’m sure there are more but I barely remember what I had for breakfast so anything more than a day old is like a faint shimmer in the distance.

17 Likes

:point_up: This.

Thank you MST3K, for teaching us how to love, again.

16 Likes

I love the Synthia/Pearl/Mega-Synthia Selects intros/outros, and Pearl introducing the shorts.

19 Likes

I especially like how they got crazier and crazier.

8 Likes

I myself am ready for Dr. Kabahl and Mega-Synthia to riff a short together.

Thought about starting a whole thread for this, but eh… I don’t have that kind of attention span these days.

9 Likes

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

8 Likes

Oh hell yeah.

For some reason, even though I felt it should, I never got tired of seeing Synthia trying to imitate Pearl. I wonder how we could get more of that, Maybe have them be on the satellite for a segment. Pearl berated us in some manner, with Synthia desperately trying to be as intimidating.

17 Likes

So, some of my thoughts: the episode I remember the best is still Robot Wars, though the premiere of Christmas Dragon doesn’t count since I remember that for other reasons.

Favorite line: “Meanwhile, at Netflix…” [CANCEL] (I love the cheesy old-school font for that, just makes it all the more amusing as a reaction image.)

Favorite bit: …probably the Monster “where the @#$% is everyone?” song.

Favorite moment: checking up on the forum roundups and seeing that the crew had decided to highlight a goofy little thread I made as a joke. That made my frelling day.

12 Likes

Well if we’re including forum stuff, there was a thread asking what to nickname Lesley and I said ‘Raisin Snail’ and then she was credited as Raisin Snail in the credits. So even if that wasn’t because of me, I’m going to say it was.

19 Likes

The return of shorts.

19 Likes

Absolutely! I missed them so much in seasons 11 and 12!

9 Likes

Season 7 was really the last time we had them with any regularity, so - a very long time.

10 Likes

Oh, while I was talking about Halloween being my favorite time of year, I almost forgot:

I got a really big kick out of the MST3K Halloween Cosplay Contest, especially with Growler and Waverly serving as the emcees for the occasion.

I have no idea what the plans are for MST3K’s future, but I’d love to see the MST3K Halloween Cosplay Contest continue to be a thing. It was something nifty to see the MSTie community come out in droves and share their Halloween creativity with us.

16 Likes

night of the creeps horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

5 Likes

Haven’t seen them mentioned yet: I laughed myself into an absolute puddle over both Jackbox showdowns. It’s the perfect amount of structure (without being scripted) to get the best improv out of everyone.

And speaking of puddles, I’ve actually made myself teary thinking about how much I loved Season 13. :smiling_face_with_tear: Best of the best:

• When we did an off-the-books tribute event to Space Mutiny and I got to START THE OPEN THREAD OMG! I like to give first-run episodes my full attention but this forum is my favorite thing about the tribute events.

• The fleshed-out relationships among the characters: The 3 hosts, Pearl and the Synthias, Pearl and Erhardt, Growler and Waverly, the bots on the Sat and their Sim counterparts. I love hanging out in the Gizmoverse.

• Gizmoblips and similar Easter egg content in classic episodes. I’m used to popping them on in the background while I go about my business and now I get to look up occasionally and find a new little treat.

• The new crew, all stars but with a special shout-out to Kelsey Ann Brady. She rode the wave with complete class, and she is SO DAMN FUNNY. “I got my hair cut like a butt. Whaddaya think?” :rofl::skull::skull::skull:

• But for real, the new crew in general. :crab:

11 Likes

Oh, and this too! I loved all the interaction with the community, like this and the fan mail (Cassie/Snackbot! :two_hearts:) and the Extravaganza. I got a bad case of FOMO.

But I can’t keep quoting things from this thread because I agree with everything.

9 Likes

:white_circle:
which we all know is Frank communing with us live from SBH…

Live Crew on-screen was excellent, and the return of that Joel guy was pretty freaking amazing. He should do that again.

6 Likes