A thread for D&D nonsense šŸ‰ āš”

I have my character sheet as a fillable form in PDF format. Will that work?

(Itā€™s quite detailed.)

2 Likes

I used HeroLab, and was able to finally get this - please let me know if this is ok, and what more I might need to provide. If you have any idea how to get the file directly to you, I can do that, I just donā€™t know how. Iā€™ve been playing around with it; but just got into checking it out. Iā€™m on the ā€œfreeā€ version, I hope that doesnā€™t muck up the worksā€¦

Francis Coleman - created with Hero LabĀ® Francis Coleman
Dwarf fighter 1
NG, Medium, Dwarf, Humanoid
Heritage forge dwarf
Background warrior
Perception +7; darkvision
Skills Acrobatics +4, Athletics +6, Crafting +3, Intimidation +3, Medicine +5, Warfare Lore +3
Str 16 (+3), Dex 12 (+1), Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 10 (+0)
Items breastplate, steel shield, battle axe, dagger, shortbow (60 arrows), backpack, bedroll, chalk (10), flint and steel, rations (1 week) (2), repair kit, rope (foot) (50), shield fighter equipment (battle axe), soap, torch (5), waterskin, purse (1 gp)

AC 18 (20 with shield raised); Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +5
HP 23; Resistances fire 1
Attack of Opportunity [R] Trigger A creature within your reach uses a manipulate action or a move action, makes a ranged attack, or leaves a square during a move action itā€™s using. Effect You lash out at a foe that leaves an opening. Make a melee Strike against the triggering creature. If your attack is a critical hit and the trigger was a manipulate action, you disrupt that action. This Strike doesnā€™t count toward your multiple attack penalty, and your multiple attack penalty doesnā€™t apply to this Strike.

Speed 20 feet
Melee [1] battle axe +8 (sweep), Damage 1d8+3 S
Melee [1] dagger +8 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4+3 P
Melee [1] shield bash +8, Damage 1d4+3 B
Ranged [1] dagger +6 (versatile S, thrown 10 ft., agile, finesse), Damage 1d4+3 P
Ranged [1] shortbow +6 (deadly d10, range increment 60 feet, reload 0), Damage 1d6 P
Ancestry Feats Dwarven Weapon Familiarity
Class Feats Sudden Charge
General Feats Shield Block
Skill Feats Intimidating Glare
Other Abilities shield block

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free demo available at https://herolab.online Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc., and are used under license.

1 Like

PDF will definitely work.

2 Likes

Iā€™m willing to play a stoned human doofus whoā€™s prone to sketching out at inopportune moments, whatever class you need. DAV Ex Machina.

3 Likes

As GM, I think I already have that role covered.

We do have room for a few more, so feel free to put together a character concept. The draft rules are linked upthread, and cover character generation if you want to go that far. Otherwise, I am planning to post the kickoff thread on Sunday, and that is when we will really need to start getting characters done.

3 Likes

Mine is done and ready to leap off the character sheet. I even have a portrait!

2 Likes

Strong work!

2 Likes

A quick note regarding a couple of questions I have had:

The campaign will be set in the Inner Sea. I donā€™t really have the lead time for rolling a new campaign setting, and I donā€™t think this will lend itself to my current sandbox setting. So, deities and ethnicities should be chosen with that in mind.

There is also some question as to what constitutes ā€˜Core rulebooksā€™, I have clarified the rules to say ā€˜Core rulebookā€™, of which there is only one book. That said, the Advanced Players Guide is pretty much an indispensable reference for feats, and I am fine with the classes as well. Some of the new races found there, however, are over-powered and will not be allowed. If you are interested in playing one of those races, you will need GM approval, but the rest of the book should be fine.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been sticking solely with the core rulebook.

2 Likes

And now for a bit of a teaser, as I have completed the intro and am wrapping up the outline of the first adventure arc for the campaign, I have decided to give this arc a proper title:

The Devilā€™s Bargain

Make of it what you will. :imp:

3 Likes

I hope that my character will stay alive longer than it took to create her.

3 Likes

So long as sheā€™s not named ā€œCherokee Jackā€; she should be fine.
My character has quite a bloodthirst for some guy named Cherokee Jackā€¦ā€œskinny little feller, why if I ever git my hands on emā€™ā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Hope to have mine finished late today. Wavering between human and gnome. The gnome actually seems to work mechanically better, but Iā€™m afraid the character is beginning to look a little bit too much like Scanlan Shorthalt. I can totally picture Mart Eden-Prairie putting on a fake mustache and claiming to be ā€œBurt Reynolds from the Customs Departmentā€.

3 Likes

My kids have been telling me I need to watch Vox Machina. It is on the list, but I never seem to have time. They should probably point out accurately that I always seem to have time for MST3k.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to assume they mean The Legend of Vox Machina. Seasons 1 and 2 combined is about 24 hours.

The Vox Machina campaign (from level 7-8 to 20) actual play show is over 500 hours, so anyone who doesnā€™t have the time really doesnā€™t have the time.

4 Likes

Yes, it would be The Legend of Vox Machina, I wasnā€™t aware of the campaign show.

2 Likes

Unless you have a commute, or boring chores.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been assuming I was gonna be the rogue, but I have 100% lost track of what everyone (or anyone) was planning for class. If that my job, Iā€™ll get on some light research so I have a slight clue what Iā€™m doing. If not, Iā€™ll, uh, be a Sorcelator, I guess?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a wizard.

2 Likes

So far we have a Bard, a Wizard, and a Fighter

2 Likes