All Things Marvel/DC (Movies or TV shows)

Moon Knight debuts on March 30th, up next is Ms. Marvel on June 8th, and we have a trailer…

1 Like

Testify. I’m in the middle of interviewing candidates for my team right now, and it’s difficult not to invoke “filthy assistant.”

1 Like

I’m bothered because I’ve yet to see the newest Spider-Man movie. I saw The Batman last weekend, when I was perfectly happy waiting for it to land on HBO Max. It didn’t suck, but it could have used a whole lot of editing. I’ve always been a big Batman fan, and I’m still trying to figure out why I feel almost entirely ambivalent about The Batman.

I liked the Burton movies because they’re just weird Burton fun. The Nolan movies were fine (at least until the last one), but they felt more like James Bond than Batman to me, even with the Ledger performance. This one? Plenty of summer action stuff, ok, but Pattinson showed all the range of an oak board. A very sad oak board with eyeliner on it.

I struggled with an explanation until I saw this in the store:

Yeah, how much fun is THAT toy?

1 Like

The world’s most advanced civilization turns out to be located in what was thought to have been a struggling, isolated African country.

Magic is real, and a wizard’s living in Greenwich Village of New York City.

There’s a dead Celestial in the Indian Ocean, and another one gave half the planet PTSD — again.

Spider-Man is not only Peter Parker, but there’s three of him. What was I saying?

And no one is sure who bought and remodeled Avengers Tower after Tony Stark sold it…

1 Like

I’d love to see Old Man Rogers, sitting with his grandkids, and one of the grandkids has a Captain America comic book showing Namor and the (Original) “Human” Torch…

“Grandad, if Captain America was real, what about these guys?”

Old Man Rogers smiles, says, “Well…Peggy… you want to tell them?”

Begin Peggy Carter/Shield movie/new season as Namor origin story… (how best to tie that into introducing mutants, x-men, etc…? Could be an extended end-credit scene?)

Shrug.

3 Likes

I’d just be happy to see more Peggy Carter.

3 Likes
1 Like

I finally got to see S-M: No Way Home this weekend and I gotta say it’s my favorite of the Tom Holland S-M movies.

For the same reason Spider-Man 2 is my favorite of the Toby MaGuire S-M movies.

And that reason is - Alfred Molina.

2 Likes

I enjoyed No Way Home. Lots of fun. I did notice how careful they were with Toby. He does a lot of standing and such but not a lot of web-slinging. (how bad is his back these days?)

1 Like

Agreed and agreed.

Spidey 2 may very well be my favorite superhero movie of them all, because everything about it just seemed so on point. I remember being in awe of the damn thing when I saw it at the theater.

I had that feeling during Spidey 3 when we saw the Sandman transformation sequence… then the rest of the movie happened.

1 Like

Well, even when TM was the star, all the web slinging was CGI.

I kinda liked the ‘just this guy, you know?’ approach to Toby’s Spider-man.

Spider-Man 2 and Black Panther are pretty much in a dead heat for favorite superhero movie. And both because of the high quality of the antagonist.

3 Likes

I still can’t bring myself to dislike Spidey 3. Sandman is my fav Spidey villain and I think Sam Rami did him justice. Heck, I don’t even hate the dance sequence because it fits Parker’s character. He was doing what he thought was cool, but deep down, Parker will always be a dork. So the horrible cringe of that scene embodied Peter’s character perfectly.

I can’t defend Venom in that movie though. Stupid movie executives.

3 Likes

lol. They actually addressed it.

3 Likes

Well,

Looks like we’re getting a very angry Namor in the new Black Panther movie… I’m liking the Mayan take on Atlantis? Though I’ve already seen some criticism on the Bird app of some of the glyphs briefly shown being “gibberish” and that there are literally experts that could have helped? Sigh. Maybe that’s something that they can fix before release.

Maybe, since we can’t have any more Stan Lee cameos, they could toss us a bone with an Old Man Steve cameo, watching the news saying, “Oh, there he is”, or, “It’s about time he showed back up…” …

Won’t hold my breath, so far it looks like this is a new to the MCU character being born and introduced… rather than allowing for any past stories/ties to Old Man Steve or Peggy.

1 Like

I still want to see what occurred when Rogers returned the Soul Stone to Vormir and met up with its guardian… and who made the new shield he gave to Sam Wilson the last time we saw him (you think he went off looking for alt!T’Chaka at some point during the decades he was married to alt!Peggy? Seeing as Rogers knew the truth of Wakanda by that point).

2 Likes

So just ordinary Namor. Noted.

6 Likes

Who has been enjoying She-Hulk as much as me. As a fan of the Dan Slott and Charles Soule, runs, this is the exact show I wanted. Also, hypothetical scene for the finale:

Episode 6 coda:
A shadow looms over the Walters’ threshold door.
There is a knock.
Mr. Walters opens door.
Walters looks on in horror, frozen with fear, over the shoulder of the visitor.
Mr. Walters: “I… I thought you were dead. I KILLED YOU!”
Mystery Man: “Oh, cousin… Don’t be ridiculous.”
End Credits

3 Likes

Great theme song!

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes