Are you ready for some football?

They got it done!
The Bills reached an agreement with WR Stefon Diggs on a 4-year, $104 million extension that includes $70 million guaranteed. Deal ties Diggs to Buffalo for six more years, at $124.1M, with the intent from both sides to have him retire in Buffalo, per Adam Schefter.

2 Likes

As a Sooners fan and someone who wants to see Baker succeed, I could go for this and I think would be a good spot for him.

2 Likes

The USFL season kicks off on Saturday with a game between the Stallions and Generals at 4:30 Pacific/7:30 Eastern on Fox

I might check in on the Panthers vs Gamblers on NBC on Sunday, since those were two of my favorite teams with the original USFL (and fave QBs too, back then - Bobby Herbert with the Panthers, Jim Kelly with the Gamblers)

Find it funny that all the games will be played at Birmingham… so, the Stallions will have home field advantage every week? :grinning: HaHa

2 Likes

The Breakers have unveiled their unfortunate mascot. :roll_eyes: I read somewhere that all mascots are designed to appeal to children. Oh well. Geaux Breakers (aka “Blue Wave”) and all that.

3 Likes

And what fresh hell is this? The hip thrusting dance makes it all the worse! (What should we name our mascot? How about, “Dear Christ, Let’s Get a Restraining Order”

3 Likes

The Tom Brady saga/fiasco/nightmare just gets weirder and weirder

2 Likes

So Dan Snyder may have effed with the owners along with everyone else:

1 Like

Per Reports, Kyler Murray is Not expected to play for the Cardinals without a new contract :open_mouth:
And so it begins…

And apparently the Carolina Panthers have been listed as a possible trade destination for Murray should contract negotiations break down :open_mouth:

1 Like

I didn’t watch it, but here are the highlights from the first game of the new USFL season. It was a close one.

Plenty of empty seats for what was the home team, are people from Birmingham actually going to go out and buy tickets for 4 games each weekend?

I honestly don’t think this is going to happen…

At least one player has said he doesn’t want Baker there and as for the coach, I think he’s on his way out either during or after this season anyway :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Watching the Panthers vs Gamblers. First impression of first QT once it got started (there was a delay due to lightning)

I lived in Nashville when Jeff Fisher coached, got used to seeing him, hearing that voice, so it felt like a trip to the past. Typical Fisher - conservative play calling, good special teams. He opened it up on the second drive, but man, that O-line doesn’t look good, can’t open running lanes, can’t protect the passer.

Houston (a city where Fisher coached too) has a nice running attack. Air game looks iffy (one receiver drops a catchable pass at the goal line)

Lots of noise, players and coaches are mic’d - the whine of the drone is irritating as hell, it sounds like a trip to the dentist.

Final minutes, Panther’s wake up, get a long completion, a couple of runs (one from the QB). In the red zone - back to pass - things go to hell in a handbag, scramble, aaaaand, the QB drops another ball (guy suffers from fumble-itus) and the Gamblers pick it up and run all the way back for 6. Wow! 2 point conversion.

11-0 Gamblers after 1

1 Like

Paxton Lynch replaces Shea Patterson at QB for Panthers. WR drops a perfect pass, right in his hands. Jeez.

Stadium in almost empty, just a few folks here and there.

This is sad. Think I’ll watch Creature Features instead. lol

Browns are signing Pro-Bowl CB Denzel Ward to a 5-year, $100.5 million contract extension that includes $71.25 million guaranteed, per source. Ward is the highest-paid CB in NFL history.

WTF are the Browns getting all this money after the Watson deal?! :person_shrugging:

1 Like

This was being built just 2 miles from my house…

I think there’s faults on both sides; The owner of the Panthers is a multi billionaire and could have worked with our city on the $225 million at issue, The city and even our state (mostly all Republicans) I believe didn’t think this project through properly and immediately ‘jumped’ at the chance saying ‘Yeah We can do this’ without proper thought into the planning.
Now we could be stuck with huge mud-pit with no future :rage:

The Panthers are becoming a dumpster fire :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Always ready for some FOOTBALL!

2 Likes

Okay I have to know if that move at the very end is legal?

1 Like

Everybody stop trying to make football a thing. It was fun to pretend that one week in the 90’s when we all had nothing to do, but we’re all a little older now and it’s time to put this fantasy of a sport played with an inflatable, foot-shaped object to rest. Ain’t nobody going to pay good money to go watch something called the “Shoeper Bowl”. C’mon. Get real.

Though I could get behind foot-long frankfurter night.

2 Likes

Technically, the tackle is not complete. That requires momentum to be halted, or either the tackled player’s back or ball-carrying arm to touch the ground. So it was perfectly legal.

2 Likes

Just to show it isn’t all about the violence, here’s a few assist plays.

2 Likes

Aaand… The project’s ‘dead’ Jim :person_shrugging:

Sounds like the Panthers owner is a real stubborn PoS! Won’t even bother to negotiate a new deal or anything!
This could be the first step in possible relocation in the future because this is a warning sign when the owner tries to rape Charlotte for the cost of a new stadium and they won’t be able to afford it…

1 Like