Are you ready for some football?

I got back from the concert I attended last night, and quickly checked in to see what WR the Packers drafted, and ha ha ha ha ha (I’m stuck here?) no WR, again. I had to laugh, but then a closer look, the top WRs were off the table. 6 of them, several projected as Packer picks, gone by the time GB was up. wow!

Instead, we got 2 Bulldogs on defense, and from what I read, they were solid choices. The guys at Packer’s Insiders were happy with them. So, if they live up to expectations, I’ll start singing the Beatles “Hey Bulldog” after every sack and tackle they make.

I’m hoping there’s a solid WR in the second round for the green and gold

You never know with these things, sometimes not for years, but here’s an article about round ones winners and losers.

1 Like

Neither of my teams even had a first round pick this year… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Now that I’m back from vacation, I need to get caught up on my Bills & the Panthers.

2 Likes

Well, the Pack did what everyone expected them to do, trade their 2 second round picks to the Vikes in order to draft the best WR available Christian Watson - It was pointed out that Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Greg Jenning were all taken in the second round as well. Crossing finger this kid turns out as well as they did.

They grabbed two others in the 4th and 7th.

And Justyn Ross is still out there, he’s a risk, but I’d bring him into camp, see what he can do.

(I was disappointed they didn’t get the Nevada QB as a FA, but the Eagles swooped in fast on him, we need to look at a backup who’s better than the backup we have)

Draft grades at this point are silly, but the Pack are in win now mode, so I get the attitude that these guys need to make an immediate impression, rather than being prospects that bloom in a couple to 3 years.

Go Pack! :football:

Oh, and no movement on Baker. Not that I expected a trade at this point.

1 Like

The Buffalo Bills draft picks:

Round 1 • Pick 23 (23) • CB Kaiir Elam
Round 2 • Pick 31 (63) • RB James Cook
Round 3 • Pick 25 (89) • LB Terrel Bernard
Round 5 • Pick 5 (148) • WR Khalil Shakir
Round 6 • Pick 1 (180) • P Matt ‘Punt God’ Araiza
Round 6 • Pick 6 (185) • CB Christian Benford
Round 6 • Pick 31 (209) • OT Luke Tenuta
Round 7 • Pick 10 (231) • LB Baylon Spector

2 Likes

I do hope “Punt God” is just that. It’s been a while since a punter generated much excitement (I think Ray Guy was the last one I was in to). When’s the last time jerseys for punters sold well? Go, go Punt God!

Watched some of his highlight reel and he looked pretty impressive so we’ll see if he can produce similar highlights for the Bills.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Uhhhh… this feels like a bad PR move on the Browns part? Just pointing people at the “investigation” is all they should do here, threatening to financially destroy the man suing the league – and bringing even more attention to the case – seems like they let their feelings get the better of their judgment.

1 Like

The Bills will host the Titans Week 2 (September 19 2022) on Monday Night Football :open_mouth:
The rest of the schedule comes out May 12

The Buffalo Bills game against the Los Angeles Rams is the likeliest NFL Opening Night matchup (Thursday night Week 1), per sources. :open_mouth:

The Bills get another Thanksgiving game as well…
Bills @ Lions 12:30pm Looks like some Lions getting carved up instead of turkey :yum:

1 Like

Tom Brady signs 10 Year $375 Million Broadcasting Deal with Fox Sports effective once his NFL Career is over.

Oh good. Aikman will have some competition for the Condescending Dbag Voice of the NFL.

Well I’m assuming Brady will play until he dies on the field, so maybe not :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Broncos at the Seahawks on Monday night in week 1- will Russ cook?

And Packers face off against conference rivals the Vikings

1 Like

5 PrimeTime games Plus Thanksgiving SWEEET!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, the Saints are crowded at WR, you know who isn’t crowded at WR, my dumbs*** Packer’s. Here’s another FA I was hoping they’d pick up, but nope, he goes to another team.

Damn it, Green Bay what are you doing?

1 Like

I’ve soured on and stopped watching the USFL, it’s just too sloppy, and this nonsense about The Stallions being undefeated… they always have home field, they’re the only team that has people in the stands, it’s a joke.

Saying that I was wondering if anyone had attempted a double pass? I kind of figured Jeff Fisher would be the one to try it since he was known for gadget plays in the NFL - and lo and behold, this week the Panther’s gave it a go…

Huh, I didn’t know they’d made that legal in the USFL. Can you pass more than twice? And if so, isn’t that just rugby? :smiley:

1 Like

Somebody stop the damn match, that man has a family! :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

:laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: