Are you ready for some football?

First no trade contract in Eagles history, huge money going to Jalen.

2 Likes

Having lived in St. Louis for the first 36 years of my life, I can tell you that St. Louisans show up for their sports teams. Even when Kroenke was tanking the Rams those last few years, people still showed up. Maybe not to the same extent that they did the first 15 years or so the Rams in St. Louis, but they still cared. I’m glad people (including The Rock) are taking notice!

3 Likes

Just heard current Sea Dragon, and NFL journeyman Chris Smith has passed away, cause of death is unknown.

2 Likes

31 is way too young. Seems a huge chunk of professional football players die at young ages.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, unfortunately.

https://www.science.org/content/article/former-football-pros-die-faster-rate-baseball-veterans-and-reasons-are-surprising

“The 517 former NFL players who died during that 35-year period did so at an average age of 59.6 years; the baseball players at 66.7 years. By far the largest cause of death for the football players was heart disease: It was listed as a cause of death for 498 of the 517 NFL players surveyed. By contrast, brain disease contributed to just 39 of those deaths. Among the former MLB players, there were 431 deaths, with heart disease listed as a cause in 225 of them and neurodegenerative disease in 16.”

1 Like

It is a fairly violent contact sport, even with all the padding and armor.

1 Like

I found out the USFL was back by accident, watched a few highlights. Pretty sloppy play, pretty slow too and stadiums were practically empty - seriously, there was like 30 people at the Breakers/Maulers game, and I only saw a handful at the Panthers/Gamblers.

Here I thought the XFL would be the sad league of the two, but the play, from what I’ve seen, has been faster, better, and they are bringing in better crowds, at least in Seattle and especially St. Louis, as has been mentioned.

I quit on the USFL pretty quick last year, don’t imagine I’ll keep a close eye on it this season, especially when I don’t have a local interest as I do with the XFL and their Seattle team. (so, this might be the only time I post about the USFL)

1 Like

Welp, I signed up for a free week of fubo just for this Sunday’s Sea Dragons/Vipers game. The magic number was 34 for Seattle and they didn’t get that (Dinucci threw ints on 2 4th qtr drives) but their defense held Vegas to only 9 points and that was enough to get Seattle into the playoffs.

28 to 9!

Jim Haslett, from defensive rookie of the year as a Bill, to NFL coach of the year as a Saint (though that magic only lasted for a season) to guiding a team to the XFL playoffs

COACH_1344x760__Bio_copy_6_s5egs1

Now let’s beat DC then go get that championship!

(BTW, Jim is 67, Pete Carroll is 71 - we like our football coaches well-seasoned - by comparison the Mariners manager is 55, the Kraken’s head man is 54… mere babes)

2 Likes

That’s what Mom said, and she was right, and my ankle and shoulder agree, 40 years later. Fortunately I avoided brain injury, but I’m accomplishing that pretty well on my own.

2 Likes

Welp, supposedly the Rodgers-to-the-Jets trade is finally done

THANK GOD because I kept seeing headlines rumoring that he could end up in SF if that fell through, and WE DON’T WANT HIM

2 Likes

Bout time I guess… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

And remember Aaron, when you’re a Jet you stay a Jet, just ask Sam Darnold

65% of the snaps, but not a playoff provision? Interesting - You’re getting him for that purpose, Superbowl or bust, right?

1 Like

There is nothing but money and headlines to be made playing QB for the Jets. He only needs the latter, and boy does he ever.

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

1z5i0z

2 Likes

I can see the Bills sending Rodgers back to his ‘Dark place’ this coming season… :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Aaron looked good, upbeat at his press conference, a lot happier than he appeared in the past few years at GB - at least for now, he seems excited for this next chapter.

He does emphasize that he’s old. LMAO - especially when they kept bringing up how long he’ll be around.

Good luck in your new city, Aaron.

And now it’s the season of Love in Green Bay - guess we’ll see how that works out, but it was time for a change.

2 Likes

“Seasons of Love” would be great to use in an ad for the Packers.

2 Likes

Rodgers is every privileged condescending narcissistic weapons-grade dbag I’ve ever wanted to launch into the sun. I bet his darkness retreat is a couch blanket.

4 Likes