Are you ready for some football?

Yes. I think the same penalty should apply to a runner if he leaves one or both feet to make a yard. Shuffleball shall be the goofiest sport ever!

1 Like

With Rodgers calling himself, debatably the best player in Packer history - sports sites are taking up that conversation and ranking their 10 Top Packers, from SI (who put him #2 behind Don Hutson) to CBS, who I think has a better ranking.

In terms of pure talent, in his peak years, there was no one better. And that includes Brady or Montana… I never saw a guy read a defense and thread a needle better than Aaron. For about 2, 3 years there His anticipation and timing was impeccable, a WR could be surrounded by defender but he’d zip that ball in the only place it could go to be complete. He boggled my mind.

But I do think there are other factors beyond the physical, there’s historical importance (how they changed the game, how they changed the team), there are intangibles (Paul Hornung, not the biggest stats, never had a 1,000 yard season - but he was a spark plug, a scoring machine, an end zone savant in the red zone), and there’s leadership, that ability to win. For example, I think Rodgers and Favre had better physical skills than Bart Starr… but Bart lead his team to 5 championships, including 3-in-a-row. And for that, I’d rank Bart ahead of both.

The SI list leans heavy into the Lombardi years, which is understandable, but aside from Huston, ignores the greats from the Lambeau era. CBS does a little better by including OT Cal Hubbard, who played from 1929 to 1935, but inexcusably leaves off Herb Adderly (are you insane?)

PackersHistory.Com does a better list IMHO, and includes RB Tony Canadeo (1941-1952): The first Green Bay Packer to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season, among their top 10. And includes other Lambeau Packer greats in their top 20 and beyond.

I’m not sure where I’d slot them for for a top 10… Starr, Favre and Rodgers at QB have to be there. Adderly and Hutson for sure, that brings me to 5. After that there’s a whole bunch you could include - from Lambeau, Clark Hinkle and Mike Michalski, from Lombardi, so so many, Willie Wood, Davis, Nitschke, Hornung and Taylor. From Holmgren, Reggie White and I think Sterling Sharpe deserves more praise (and a HOF induction)… and what about players from losing eras, like Bobby Dan Dillon?

1 Like

The Bills may be out of the Deandre Hopkins pursuit as the Cardinals are looking for a Christian McCaffrey type of trade… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
And the Lamar Jackson drama appears to be getting nasty. No teams appear to be interested in him and if he stays in Baltimore, a hold-out is quite possible :open_mouth:

1 Like

NFL 7 Days a Week :thinking:

1 Like

Pah! One the things I like about football is I know when it’s on. Basketball, I have to constantly check to see what days my team is playing. This is a shameless money grab and I bet the players HAAAAATE it. They don’t even like just Thursdays!

1 Like

Yah-Naw… We’re not into ‘drama’ players!
You’ve been going down hill since the 2016 Super Bowl there, bud :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Just read that the double zero 00 will not be permitted. That leaves Ken Burrough as the last to wear it.

I don’t know everyone who wore it, but yeah, your right, Otto’s probably the best 00, but Ken was pretty good too. They did the number proud.

Edit:

Oh and Ken also recorded a song. Here it is with highlights…

3 Likes

Watching some videos, both of these are worth checking out.

This was fascinating, how many never live up to their potential, either because they’re not very good, or were derailed by injury.

And some exciting opening play TDs

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Odell Beckham Jr. announced on Instagram he is signing with the Ravens. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Bummer, The Seattle Sea Dragons fought the league leading DC team to the wire. Got a late TD with 30 seconds left, but couldn’t make the 2 pt conversion, and then failed on the XFL version of the onside kick, and lose, by a point.

With St. Louis winning in OT that’ll probably knock Seattle out of the playoffs. Too bad, because the other conference sucks and don’t deserve that 4th seed.

1 Like

GEES! That’s a bit pricey… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Wowzers! Yeah, that is too rich for my blood and I will just stick to what I randomly catch via OTA or Thursday nights on Prime.

1 Like

Oh, bite me! Yeah, that’s a 100% no from me. I’ll stick with the free Sunday lineup… and if the NFL ever goes the way of MLB, well, then, goodbye me. I’ll watch the highlights or (maybe) listen to the local team on the radio, as I do during my commute to work, but I won’t pay that much to watch a sport on my TV.

3 Likes

Agreed. They are pricing themselves right out of the market. Sure the bars will pay that, but Joe Public is going to get to the point of saying no.

And I really dislike that no local channels carry baseball. Those of us in Denver are about to lose out RSN too, so all we will have is the exorbitant MLB package.

2 Likes

Looks like this will be the first year that I can get NFL Ticket (I refused to switch to Direct TV just to get it)!!!

Sad that they didn’t add the just-one-team option… :sob:

But I shall watch my team lose all year for the first time since I lived in Ohio!

2 Likes
1 Like

Yipee! The Dragons spank the Battlehawks. (And they tried to pile on the points for good reason, that’s one of the tiebreakers for the playoffs)

I agree with the writer, The Seahawks should bring WR Jahcour Pearson into camp for a tryout, if only based on that spectacular catch and run for a TD (he might not be ready for the big league, but why not bring him in and have a look see)

Speaking of spankings…

You know, that’s less the traditional football fanny pat, more a full-on inappropriate grab o’ meat. (It came after an INT, so was it butt taunting? And it looks worse in close-up)

Edit - I tell you though, looking at the crowded stadium… props to St. Louis fans for supporting their team like that.

1 Like

If we could snag both D’ Hop & D’ Cook, we just might be in business :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, the Bills need a good running back (and just a good running game) to get pressure off of Allen and hopefully make them a bit more formidable.

1 Like