Babylon 5 reboot!

He hasn’t said anything about direct-to-video or theatrical release. Warner to announce details next week.

Have you seen the casts of their DC movies?

Yes…? But I’m content to wait a little longer to get all the B5 animated movie details. I’ll probably be thrilled beyond measure regardless.

1 Like

It sounds like some of the original cast might have done voices. JMS said he recorded a commentary track with Bruce Boxleitner.

1 Like

It includes all the original cast members that are still alive. And given the synopsis, I’m willing to bet that the Great Machine is involved, somehow.

3 Likes

1 Like

Here’s my writeup, giving acknowledgement of the passed cast while also detailing characters a bit more. 'Babylon 5' Animated Movie 'The Road Home' Announces Its Voice Cast

And, also, Zathrus.

No, not that Zathrus, the other Zathrus…

1 Like

From the law firm of Zathras, Zathras, Zathras, and McCormick.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1669011815446249475?s=61&t=dB2gdD5-xIfs83j2mSa4tw

2 Likes

Link to trailer here.
https://twitter.com/claudialives/status/1669387233034371092?s=61&t=dB2gdD5-xIfs83j2mSa4tw

2 Likes

Seen the trailer a few times now. Looks really good and I am excited to see what this animated movie holds and what can be done with the franchise going forward.

3 Likes

Added to my Christmas list:

It seems odd that the titular station isn’t on the cover, though.

1 Like

I just saw the release date, yes, that’s a Christmas list item…

I never got the series on DVD, and have been re-watching the HD versions on MAX, guess I’ll have to get this set just to have it when it eventually goes off of streaming.

1 Like

I just finally grabbed a set of DVDs in January…

So…

Much like when I buy an Apple product before an unexpected update…

Y’all welcome?

(I’ll be pre-ordering this one)

1 Like

We thank you for your sacrifice :saluting_face:

1 Like

I watched the animated movie last weekend, bought it on Amazon streaming.

Kind of disappointing, it’s not bad, more just meh. And because of the animation style and new voice actors for actors that have passed on it was kind of distracting and confusing who people were sometimes.

Now that B5 isn’t streaming on MAX anymore I will certainly be picking up the blu-ray set when it comes out.

It’s still not dead (yet)!

You have to admit, this is pretty much par for the course when it comes to B5.

2 Likes

Over at Reactor (formerly Tor), they’re having a Babylon 5 rewatch. So far, they’ve done The Gathering and Midnight on the Firing Line, with Soul Hunter (or as I and perhaps you like to call it, SOOOOOUUUUUL Hunter) going up tomorrow.

1 Like