Babylon 5 reboot!

I would never have pegged him for a RT fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always felt his sense of humor was similar to mine.

2 Likes

You know what? Let’s just skip the B5 reboot and go straight to a “The Real Ghostbusters” reboot…

1 Like

Skip that and go for the He-Man reboot.

2 Likes

Which one? You’ve got Kevin Smith’s sequel, the CGI reboot, and another live action movie stuck in development hell.

We need one where JMS is getting paid to write.

1 Like

Oh, you mean his Patreon.

1 Like

Which is none of them. <sigh>

I bet you could predict that a new B5 is getting made by noticing when B5 is back on shelves.

1 Like

Very important information!

4 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the tweet in case you want to RT it or check out his TL.

3 Likes

Hopefully the new series is picked up. I still need to watch the original as I was just getting into it before it was yanked from Amazon Prime and stuck on f*&^ing HBO Max.

2 Likes

Whatever’s going on with the reimagining is currently on hold with the strike, BUT we do have a completed animated movie.

3 Likes

So that’s what JMS has been teasing lately.

2 Likes

They lost me with “at the CW”…

The animated movie is going to be direct-to-video, a market that WB has had a stranglehold on ever since Disney left. Unless you count Alpha and Omega and Swan Princess sequels as competition. Between DC, Scooby Doo, and Tom and Jerry, they’ve been very consistent with output. In some ways it makes sense that Zaslav keeps it going, but doesn’t see the similarities in straight-to-streaming movies he so despises.

Besides, The CW is going to be a very different place under Nexstar. It already is. The chances of B5’s reimagining getting picked up there is very slim

Are we sure it’s direct-to-video? That seems the biggest shocker to me.

I see that it’s Warner Animation and Home Entertainment, but these days everything’s “video”, and it takes just a week-long engagement in a major market cinema…. Surely A-lister wanna A-list.

JMS has used the word ‘streaming’ in at least one tweet.

I ask because many streamer-original movies are first released theatrically so they can qualify as movies (Oscars) instead of “TV movies” (Emmys).

Also JMS has repeatedly said his only rights to B5 are motion picture rights, so I’m curious about that situation, too.