Bars

I should note that I’ve never made it, this recipe or any other. But I have eaten it, and much enjoyed it.

At the same time, I found warm, flat beer really isn’t. It’s closer to cellar temperature, cool but not frosty, and it lightly carbonated, so you can have 6 or 8 without getting that bloated feeling.

4 Likes

As a youngin’ stationed in Germany, I am well aware of “room temp” beers.

Also, Germans know what they are doing when it comes to beer. :smiley:

5 Likes

Are there other varieties of pie?

1 Like

There are, of course, tiny pies!! :purple_heart::rofl:

7 Likes

That tiny?

1 Like

Incidentally, this unique dish is (or I guess was) only available at the Irish Lion, the bar I mentioned above that is closing. It was one of the biggest reasons to go.

3 Likes

Um…those look amazing! I’m gonna try this!

3 Likes

They are, in fact, amazing. They sound like a lot of work though.

2 Likes

I’ve done from scratch saurkraut balls…this looks super easy!

Imma get ingredients today! Will report back on Sunday =)

3 Likes

Sigh… officially posted this morning.

6 Likes

I guess I just can’t muster enough fondness for any bar to find it remarkable, which is 100% my problem.

I like that one bar where there aren’t any annoying people and they bring me really good drinks and food outside in the sun without being asked, and there’s a live band that never plays anything I hate. Yeah, that one.

2 Likes

I’d love to see pictures.

1 Like

Oh lord…last time I made them, I don’t think I took any pics!! :sob:

2 Likes

I second that sigh. I’d love to learn more about Cheers. How it landed on the show.

3 Likes

They are experts on beer and sausage.

2 Likes

I have started the prep! Gonna ball them, put in fridge until this evening for frying!

7 Likes

I hope they’re good!

2 Likes

The mix smells AMAZING!!

3 Likes

What’s the appeal of Guinness? I’ve never tried it. The Dark Chocolate of Beer?

2 Likes

Well, it isn’t as sweet as other stouts, so, yeah, sorta.

There are several variations on stouts, porters, and stout porters, and the best advice I can give is to find a place that sells by the bottle, and try a few.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies. And toasty, roasty, creamy, smooth beer.

3 Likes