Completely Needless Polls

How can Strange beat Strangelove? You people are supposed to be film lovers!

4 Likes

Easy Dr. Strange is a sorcerer with magic and allies who have magic and other powers. Dr. Strangelove is a wheelchair-using “former” Nazi scientist with no powers, a tendency to accidentally call the President “Mein Fuhrer” and a tendency to irresistibly give the Nazi salute. Dr. Strange could kick his butt easily.

6 Likes

Yeah I was definitely voting for the guy and not the movie

4 Likes

Have you ever met one of these TV archetypes? Check up to three:

• A private detective
  • A starship captain
  • A mystery writer
  • A vampire
  • A superhero
  • A racehorse
  • A loveable bigot
  • A sailor
  • A doctor
  • A psychic
  • A police lieutenant
  • Someone God talks directly to

0 voters

2 Likes

I could only choose two options so I had to leave off “doctor”. Though to say I’ve met a mystery writer might be a stretch; but I exchanged some tweets with one, which I believe counts in today’s crazy world.

4 Likes

Was it Jessica Fletcher?

2 Likes

Only two choices?

So my list:

Private detective
Mystery writer
Police ieutenant
Doctors
Sailors

There could be a superhero and/or a vampire in there as well, but they are just really good at keeping their secret identities, you know … secret.

2 Likes

No but that would be AWESOME lol

It was Diana Rowland. She writes the White Trash Zombie series which is great. It’s zombie-centric urban fantasy but there’s always some sort of mystery at the heart of the plot.

2 Likes
There Can Be Only One
  • Yes
  • Yes, and…?
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I met a starship captain once. But he was just trying to stay out of history’s way, so I didn’t bug him.

4 Likes

What about spies? I‘m sure at least a few of us have unknowingly met genuine spies. There may even be a few who have knowingly met spies, but aren’t allowed to mention the fact.

3 Likes

Always “yes, and.” Improv rules.

3 Likes

That poster’s a SPAH! *gets Wrench*

2 Likes

You guys haven’t met that guy on the corner of 2nd and Main who has definitely talked directly to God? A real good guy if you get to know him, just don’t stare at his lazy eye.

And starship captains, they are a dime a dozen at comic book conventions, almost as ubiquitous as time travellers. A good thing time travellers weren’t on the list though, I was already torn over those two and a superhero.

2 Likes
  • Tom Bombadil
  • Tom Nook

0 voters

3 Likes

I confess, I don’t know who either of those are

6 Likes

Tom Bombadil is a character in the book The Lord of the Rings who was left out of the movies.

Tom Nook is an evil land developer in the game Animal Crossing.

4 Likes

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.

5 Likes
Best Santa

0 voters

2 Likes

Santo weeps.

4 Likes