Crow says I don't have a ticket

Just got my Gizmoplex invite (woo!) and tried visiting the Kingadome, and I was stopped by Crow, who told me I didn’t have a pass for the current showing. That could well be because nothing is showing right now, but maybe it should fail with a different message, then?

(Other than this, the Gizmoplex is great fun to wander around, and the screening rooms work great. Looking forward to seeing it all get built out!)

17 Likes

We could have had the security guards from Hobgoblins, but they let everything in and out…

15 Likes

Could be worse.

Could be security guards who go “HONK!”

10 Likes

I get that too:

Wondering if just still under construction? Would have thought the livestream would be accessible here…

6 Likes

I get it as well. I submitted a ticket but hopefully it works for the next event.

1 Like

It’s only for DURING the live events.

Like, you can’t just sit in a REAL movie theater a week before your showtime.

6 Likes

Not with THAT kind of attitude.

27 Likes

You wait in the theater all week, I’m bitter.

9 Likes

Well not in the theater, but I think I see a group of tents already lined up outside the door of folks waiting for the next event.

7 Likes

I’m obnoxiously early to everything. As long as they have a few cartoons playing a week prior to the movie starting, I’m happy.

5 Likes

Some vintage news reels? “Boy, that Ike sure does have what it takes to be President, don’t ya think???”

8 Likes

And Hoffa, man, hope he doesn’t just end up going missing one day.

2 Likes

I had the same confusion as @nulldogmas and did email support (which is the suggested route if the double check fails, you click to get help, and follow the troubleshooting). Team MST3K confirmed that the Kingadome is only for viewing a livestream while it is happening. So it’s really just Crow’s message that needs a bit of tailoring here to avoid confusion, since it repeatedly says you don’t have a pass when you actually do. A future improvement could be for Crow to tell you that the theater is closed, and ask you to get him something from the snack bar since you’re just wandering around and not busy or anything :joy:

19 Likes

Don’t lean on me man, cause you can’t afford the ticket.

And I like Aram’s message suggestion.

5 Likes

I came here to post the same issue, that I have an event pass but it says I don’t. Then I wondered whether Kingadome was just opened during live events. Still, it would be nice to be able to get to the replay if we visit the page too late…or something.

1 Like

Working on making that change now!

11 Likes

I do love Crow’s outfit.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Also, I don’t know if this was intentional, but Crow’s stance there is giving me some serious “Patrick Swayze in Road House” vibes.

crowticketholdergizmoplex
roadhousedvd

10 Likes

The resemblance is uncanny! It really is the best gift we’ve ever gotten for Patrick Swayze Christmas :santa: :muscle:

5 Likes

Take tickets, until it’s time NOT to take tickets.

7 Likes