Digging the Standees and Ticket art

Thanks for reposting my screengrab here, @JakeGittes!

And those aesthetics applied to the Gizmoplex cooler canisters are SHARP!

8 Likes

If at some point you made the papermations available as a digital download that would also be really cool. Especially if it inspired people to make their own versions of the intermissions.
stop motion puppet GIF.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve collated them all (so far) into easily printable sheets here if it makes things easier!

5 Likes

Thinking of Mike Norton and Revival. In an issue of that series, Rifftrax and Manos were name-dropped, I always assumed this came from Tim Seeley, the writer, but I wonder if it was actually Norton who came up with the idea.

The riff projects got a little mixed up, because in a later panel the director of the movie within the comic mentions it being mocked by robots (as we know, Rifftrax didnā€™t have bots, that was MST)

The movie being talked about was Octopocalypse (not a real film) and the actor shown, bears a resemblance to Joe Don Baker.

Hereā€™s that page, with Mikeā€™s art. (click to see a larger image

1 Like

I donā€™t suppose anyone else has been saving the Standee (and/or other theater) art?
Iā€™ve been making efforts to save things, but it seems like I lost my brain for Sept. I didnā€™t save, or canā€™t find, the Standee art for Shape of Things to Come, or the dome and marquee art for the month (Or, not one that has Shape featured, at least.). :frowning:
If anyone else grabbed them, Iā€™d appreciate if you can share it. (provided itā€™s not a problem with MST3k-Staff).

3 Likes

Strange, I have all the standees saved except for Shape? How did I miss that.

The only shots of the dome Iā€™ve saved was this one

5 Likes

Yeah, I have those, too, and the standees for Million Eyes and Super Dragonā€¦ was there just no Marquee or Standee for Shape?

3 Likes