Every lab needs a one-knob Etch-a-Sketch

While rewatching this season’s Santo episode, I noticed something.

Santo in the Treasure of Dracula:

The Batwoman:

These movies have the same one-knob Etch-a-Sketch!

I wonder if it is the exact same prop, or if it was made from the same off-the-shelf thingamajig.

13 Likes

Joel got the movies in a package deal from the monoknob consortium.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same prop reused. Both films were made by the same producer (Guillermo Calderon), director (Rene Cardona) and production company (Cinematográfica Calderón S.A.). If they made a lot of genre movies which called for science lab looking stuff, it would make sense to build props meant to last and reuse them.

12 Likes

Yeah, they reused the entire console.

5 Likes

Looks like some damage occured in storage between the films. The right-hand light bezel is missing in the Santo movie, and there are possibly some other differences.

3 Likes

Maybe Santo wanted it.

3 Likes

First generation tablet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It can time travel and make fish monsters! It’s a floor wax and a dessert topping!

5 Likes

It can do other things, why shouldn’t it?

futurama asks GIF

3 Likes

I’d love to know if this was sold/rented to them as a unit or if they built it themselves out of existing bits of somewhat futuristic looking tech. My first thought was it’s an early video phone but I’m not seeing any that came in that bubble shaped console.

2 Likes

I doubt they could afford an early videophone. I think it was scrapped together.

3 Likes

Or Sanyo™.

(I’ll just show myself out.)

1 Like

Please Do.

1 Like

GIF by Demic

5 Likes

KITTIES!

1 Like

In my younger years, I was a lot more (c)athletic. :paw_prints:

1 Like

I thought for a moment that was a euphemism of some kind.

2 Likes

It still can be if you wish hard enough!

Everything is a euphemism if you’re creative enough.

2 Likes

That’s what SHE said.

3 Likes