Fan Theories! How are they going to bring Joel back?

Who’s up for some speculation?

I just had a thought – Dr. Cabal talks about meeting Max in another timeline. If we’re going to start exploring multiverse theory, how about Joel appearing from a timeline where he never escaped the SOL?

6 Likes

If we’re not doing multiverse stuff, then maybe Dr. Kabahl floats the idea of recapturing Joel and bringing him back as a means to conjure up instant nostalgia.

Or maybe it’s a virtual recreation of Joel, thanks to the Simulator of Love?

6 Likes

Concepts!

9 Likes

After all this time, it was Ardy all along!

10 Likes

He’s recaptured during a hot fish delivery to the moon.

11 Likes

Well, there goes our “all-ages” label. :astonished:

3 Likes

You’d think that he’d have a few lingering mental issues after being held captive for so long, despite how easy-breezy he was about it in his Soultaker return. I doubt they’ll explore that, but it’d be interesting to see if his return to the theater brings a few quirks.

2 Likes

I’ve loved the idea that Ardy is just Joel Robinson. He could have stopped Kinga, but instead he just decided it would be funnier to see them experiment on a new goober.

11 Likes

:bulb: It’d be even weirder if they found a J.R. from a reality in which he never had to be part of the experiment in the first place.

@Robin0928

“Oh, no! He’s suffering from amnesia!!” [organ music plays]

“Look, Kinga. I only took this job because we had an understanding that I. Don’t. Play. Soap. Opera!!”

5 Likes

And what if nobody ever shot him?

6 Likes

Well, I can prove that I didn’t shoot him. It was the 30th Century so I was already deceased!!

2 Likes

It’s not the original Joel. Kinga and Pearl cloned Joel using a similar,but more refined process to the one responsible for Synthia and Mega-Synthia

4 Likes

Into space?

2 Likes

into death

2 Likes

Dr. Cabal is a time traveller and aware of alternate timelines. He is the one who proposed a second host. An Alternate Joel from another dimension would fit perfectly. If not that, Ardy is Joel incognito and is found out or Joel is hunted down by the Mads and placed in another Satellite of Love. Tied to my sense Joel won’t permanently be back, a Joel outside our normal time fits best.

8 Likes

Obviously they’ll open up a crate of hamdingers and there will be a free joel inside!

10 Likes

mst3k506switcheroo

IT’S A SWITCHEROO!

4 Likes

Time Slippage! Emily is the future, joel is the past, jonah present!

3 Likes

Rest assured. I see what you did there.

1 Like

Joel is going to be discovered floating right outside of the SOL, and they are going to bring him in, not fully knowing it’s him. He is recovered, and we find out there is a med bay on board the SOL that has never been used. The mysterious test subject escapes, and interrupts Jonah riffing a movie, kicking him out after a couple of riffs to finish the job himself.

2 Likes