Favorite continuity error in an episode.

There’s the 10-second timer near the end of Time Chasers that actually takes around 28 seconds, thanks to the editing.

12 Likes

Everything about that half-hearted “prank” from Track of the Moon Beast. Paul just barely reacts to it, but judging by everyone else (that was supposedly “more than they bargained for”), you would’ve thought he was so frightened that he wet himself!

At least they apologized for rushing the Halloween season.

6 Likes

The scene in Werewolf where they drive by the same gas station repeatedly.

Also, the villain’s many hair styles and colorings.

14 Likes

One from the intermissions, exactly. The “Creepy Girl” song from Catalina Caper occurs before the character actually appears in the movie.

2 Likes

Same with Joey the Lemur.

3 Likes

I think it’s good of you to give that dead woman another chance.

9 Likes

Not true. She’s introduced while the boat’s heading to Catalina and appears again at dock where Angelo picks her up. When Tom’s singing her praises, the monitor shot is from the former.

10 Likes

This one, definitely.

6 Likes

This was my first thought too!

4 Likes

That is a great one! Lol I haven’t seen Final Justice in a while and I should correct that soon.

5 Likes

Has anyone seen Final Justice unriffed? I don’t recall this happening in the RiffTrax version, so I’m curious if it (a) was an editing error on the MST3K side or (b) RiffTrax edited it out.

4 Likes

It’s from the ‘edited for TV’ version. In the uncut version when the sheriff gets shot, there’s a decent amount of blood and another shot of him dying when he hits the ground.

7 Likes

I have, and it wasn’t in the print that I saw… though that would be an easy fix. Like fixing the error in Pee Wees Big Adventure in DVD releases (though I was disappointed they did that)

And you can have multiple prints, I gather there are a couple of Girl in Gold Boots, each with its own continuity errors (one has the teleportation scene, the other doesn’t)

5 Likes

And funnily enough, they also ran into a big issue by using the TV version of their other Joe Don Baker film Mitchell, which cuts out John Saxon’s death, which they make a joke about.

8 Likes

I’ve seen that John Saxon death scene and it’s pretty brutal! Mitchell bashes his head in with a rock after they have a dune buggy chase in the desert, if I remember correctly.

6 Likes

The slow-motion opening titles of Mitchell where you see Joe Don Baker with his arms over his head (“Now it looks like he’s in a wind tunnel”)? That’s taken from the dune buggy scene where Mitchell grabs a rock and bashes in the head of one of Deaney’s buddies.

Deaney himself dies after Mitchell hops into a dune buggy afterwards, and Mitchell and Deaney keep crashing into each other, and then Deaney’s dune buggy flips over and blows up like the Death Star.

8 Likes

Lol thanks for clarifying @optiMSTie, yes I totally remember the connection between the opening credits now. Weird that the movie tried to make Mitchell likeable in any way, shape, or form. He’s pretty repulsive even without that dune buggy/head bashing scene.

But if it was a better movie, it wouldn’t be my favorite MST3K episode :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, Mitchell’s in this weird limbo zone where he’s not an inherently sympathetic character, yet they… try to make him sympathetic? The whole thing is conflicted and contradictory and odd.

And it is an amazing episode. :smiley: My second favorite episode after Jack Frost!

6 Likes

Daddy-O has a weird continuity error as well, where Daddy-O and Jana are having a car race, but their respective vehicles end up on the different sides of the road, despite there being no space or way that their cars could change sides. I think the riffers point that out as well.

10 Likes

The '70s were rife with dark anti-hero stories, the ur-example for cops being Dirty Harry. So in that sense it’s easy to see what they were trying to go for with Mitchell (even the trailer openly calls him “brute force with a badge”) but unfortunately they forgot to actually give him any appealing qualities, and Jon Don Baker doesn’t have anywhere near the natural charisma of Eastwood to get us invested.

7 Likes