Favourite original song?

Couldn’t agree more - When Loving Lovers Love played at my wedding!

12 Likes

I can hear this gif…

Whaaa waaaaaa…

5 Likes

And that’s a wonderful thing.

Crow was always about his screenplays; I humbly submit that he stands out as an accomplished musician (as it is with him coming up with a New Age Yanni-lick on Joel’s Wall of Keyboards).

5 Likes

Creepy girl

7 Likes

Oh, SO many good ones. Can’t pick just one, so here goes…

Creepy Girl
Tippy Oh Tippy
We’re a Danger to Ourselves and Others
A Patrick Swayze Christmas
Let Me Be Frank About Frank
Every Country Has Its Monster

5 Likes

The United Servo Academy Men’s Chorus Hymn conducted by Vice Brigadier Sir Thomas “Bullhead” Servo from 612 The Starfighters. Servo (Kevin) can sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WvU8eKwg0

8 Likes

Ator Flies, and so does my hea-aarrt.
In his kite made of sticks and strings and bamboo,
I fly along with you,
I go along for the ride.
I’m not stupid like the rest of them.
Ator, Ator my sweet friend.

7 Likes

From Mitchell, I love when Tom sings along to the music with the lyrics “Heart’s poundin’ Veins cloggin’” that’s a fun moment.

It’s great when Jonah sings “The Magic in You” in the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom.

I love the previously mentioned “Idiot control now” and the “When Loving Lovers Love,” the song when Ator flies his hang glider, the Delta Knights song by the Servo quartet!

There are so many awesome songs to choose from, I love reading about everyone else’s favorites.

6 Likes

“I am a danger to myself and others”

7 Likes

Terribly underrated, that and “The Great Space Circus Show” from Carnival Magic.

6 Likes

+1 for “every country has a monster“. I shared it with all of my friends and watched it multiple times. It is when season 11 officially clicked with me 100%.

(it had been a few years since I had watched MST3K, and that was the moment I fell back in love with it.)

3 Likes

This one needs more love.

11 Likes

The Delta Knights song is my favorite from the Sci-Fi era. Kevin’s amazing.

8 Likes

Some favourite already posted, but if these aren’t they should be.
Who will I kill?
Livin’ in Deep Thirteen

7 Likes

So unexpected that song was and it stays with me today. This and “LANDING MUSIC!!!”

4 Likes

If we were crowd sourcing a list of all of the songs, duplication would be counterproductive. But, @Stephen_Hunter wants to know what strikes your own particular fancy. So duplicate away!

2 Likes

The Sing-Along to “You Better Run” from Final Justice (1985) is on par with anything from Cave Dwellers (1984). Bold talk I know…

3 Likes

Horror of Party Beach was my first episode, so “Sodium” will always live rent-free in my brain

7 Likes

Strange that I’ve never posted in this, I swear I’ve gabbed about original songs somewhere?

I have so many favorites… The Tom Servo Chorus in Starfighters, Wild Rebels cereal, Patrick Swayze Christmas, Hired, Mike doing the Gold Boots ballad as the SOL burns…

Not an original tune performed by the cast, but there are original lyrics, so I’ll throw it out there, because the interpretation of the Jet Jaguar song is the funniest thing in the whole episode for me. First time I saw it I was doubled over with laughter. (And quoting an Arlo Gutherie song was the cherry atop the sundae)

And again, not original music, but this time they sing the original lyrics - the Sandy Frank song, Servo’s ape mask and Joel enthusiastic dancing give it that extra punch.

7 Likes

mst3k817credit

AND it has a great end credits gag with “Lyric by Bill Corbett”!

6 Likes