Food and Drink in Entertainment

@perfectfaceforradio A huge amount of the food from the Original Star Trek makes you think.

8 Likes

The Undiscovered Country’s (1991) Blue Dish. Perfect with Romulan Ale.

6 Likes

They always serve Romulan Ale in nice glasses. Shouldn’t it be served in flagons?

4 Likes

Windex pops in my head when I spy Romulan Ale. Is that wrong?

5 Likes

Speaking of cleaning solvents. Got Milk?

2 Likes

Fruit plate w/ beheaded peeps? Seems… festive…

4 Likes

I was so disappointed when I saw that Romulan Ale wasn’t green…

3 Likes

Found it! Squirrel Meat Chili.

4 Likes

Bill McKinney is the brother? Great casting.

1 Like

Another memorable Columbo moment. Lee Grant buys him a Root Beer.

4 Likes

Mr. Grady spills Advocaat on Jack Torrance in The Shining (1980). Hadn’t a clue what that was till I googled it.

2 Likes

The Nero Wolfe Cookbook is a mixture of rigorously classic old-school and American vernacular. Some of it is intimidating, most of it is tempting.
Another mystery writer with a connected cookbook is Kinky Friedman. Eat, Drink and be Kinky is a mixture of real recipes (by a mixture of people from Dwight Yoakam to F.Murray Abraham) plus a few joke entries (Frank McCourt’s Irish Toast). There’s even a new variation on Chicken McGovern, from Mike McGovern himself.
The food portrayed in Studio Ghibli animations always looks delicious too. There are websites with approximated recipes, like this one: 14 Tasty Studio Ghibli Food Recipes to Transport Your Tastebuds - Geek Trippers

5 Likes

I think we’ve talked about the Nero Wolfe cookbook before. did you ever make the scrambled eggs? (I want to say you did, but I don’t remember)

4 Likes

The man can make a mean omelet.

3 Likes

Yes, I did. Very very rich and luxurious when you use that method.

4 Likes

The Tides Restaurant in Bodega Bay makes a mean Fried Chicken. A food pun I only now plucked from The Birds (1963).

3 Likes

Let’s not forget about this gem.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

The Royale With Cheese Scene. Pulp Fiction (1994).

2 Likes