General Reminder Regarding the Keep It Clean Rule.

Hello, fellow forum members. Your friendly mod staff here. Over the past week or so, several posts have been flagged by the community for breaking the “Keep it Clean” or, more commonly, “family-friendly” rule. This is just a general reminder of that rule and why we have it.

4. KEEP IT CLEAN.
MST3K itself adheres to a certain Looney-Tunes-style standard of family-friendliness; which is to say, not everything has to be kid-appropriate, but it should at least not be overt or explicit. Try to hit a similar tone with your posts here in the forums. Avoid profanity or other problematic speech. Sexual content is also inappropriate here. And finally, slurs of any kind and attacks on marginalized folks will not be tolerated.

This is the official forum for Mystery Science Theater 3000, which means we have fans of all ages participating here. Posts don’t need to be scrubbed so clean they shine, but there has been a general slippage into more overt sexual content, drug/alcohol abuse, and profanity of late, and we, as a group, need to walk that back a little bit.

We realise it isn’t always easy to determine whether something violates the rules, which is why there is a flag system. The mods then make judgment calls as a group any time a post is flagged. In all instances, the goal is to facilitate conversation while maintaining the health and safety of the community.

So please, tell us all about what you did over the weekend. Post your memes (edited as necessary for language) and manipulations. But remember the keep it clean rule. If you think you need to blur the image in order to post it, it’s better not to post it at all.

17 Likes

Uh oh… what happened? I didn’t do it… did I? :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

It wasn’t one thing any one person did. :slight_smile: Like the message says, there’s just been a general slippage of late and we need to make a course correction.

6 Likes

It was my fault. All that neurotic friend fiction. Sorry.

“I’ll never mix radish juice and carrot juice again.”

4 Likes

Just keep out of the cabbage and we’ll be alright :leafy_green:

2 Likes

Can we use language used on the show? Like “Dickweed” or “Whippin’ Shitties”?

7 Likes

Yes, language used in the show is fine. It was in the show. :slight_smile: So yes, you can say Teets!

We also aren’t concerned with words like damn or hell.

8 Likes

Mother is a dirty word to some people. According to that one episode with that song and that fight in it. So don’t say that.

Also, don’t say Oreos, because that’s a dirty word to ME.

Thanks.

5 Likes

I recently contributed to this delinquency, won’t happen again!

3 Likes

So we definitely can’t say ‘lubricate’.

5 Likes

I just find it funny that this merited an official post now. I saw some stuff my first month here, in Lounge Land, that seemed excessive for a family-friendly board. I flagged it, but never got a response, so I solved my issue but just not going into that thread anymore.

4 Likes

When something is flagged, it’s resolved off the main forum.

4 Likes

What I mean is: the post that bugged me was never removed. And in one case, I didn’t even care that it was there. I just hoped it would be blurred because it was a movie still with a bunch of nudity in it.

But this has happened maybe three times the entire time I’ve been here. So I didn’t make a Federal case out of it.

I realize that mods are busy and only get paid in squirrel pelts, but this was even before we had the volunteer brigade.

5 Likes

Teets teets teets!

9 Likes

style booby GIF

6 Likes

I’m trying to remember the last time I said “teets,” even when I was on a farm or whacked my thumb with a hammer, but nope. Good to know, though.

5 Likes

The volunteer brigade is here now. All flags will be given appropriate attention and fair consideration.

Please use the flags when you notice something questionable.

We actually get paid in squirrel farts rather than pelts. It is less dignified, but we value what we can get.

10 Likes

So that’s why the show never made any money in the last season. Too much spent on canned chili for the squirrels. Tsk!!

6 Likes

:black_flag:
Flagged for test purposes :grin:

4 Likes