General Reminder Regarding the Keep It Clean Rule.

Come on, it’s an integral part of comedy.

4 Likes

[cries quietly in the corner]

There’s a statue outside my old workplace with two hot ladies and one hot dude cavorting in the water. Everyone used to call it “Three Groins In A Fountain.” I don’t even remember the real name. But the fountain was popular with mallards in the springtime. Maybe it still is. QUACK!!

4 Likes

Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

3 Likes

… non-artists who work with numbers make math jokes…

1 Like

That’s true. If a problem is with only one user, we try to address that problem privately with that user. This thread was started because of multiple recurring issues involving multiple users.

5 Likes

If you are not in a NSFW area, google the Showalter Fountain. It is at the center of the Indiana University campus in Bloomington, where I grew up and went to college and it is the ugliest fountain I have ever seen.

I hated having to pass it all the time when I went to class.

Once, when IU won the NCAA basketball championship, there was a huge celebration/riot on campus and they pried two of the fish off of the fountain and took them away. One was found in a farmer’s field. The other was never found and had to be replaced with a copy. Which was just as ugly.

2 Likes

…and hire really expensive lawyers. :briefcase:

1 Like

Not necessary in standup. People don’t copyright jokes. They do steal from each other all the time. I don’t want to speak ill of the dead, but Robin Williams was famous for sitting in the backs of comedy clubs taking notes. Considering his improvisational abilities, that shows how widespread it is.

It’s one of many reasons I quit doing standup. Although the biggest reason is that, with a few exceptions, comedians are some of the most bitter, angry, petty people I’ve ever met.

2 Likes

Despite my love for this show, I never took it as a compliment when someone told me I’d be good doing stand-up. Or radio punditry. though that’s how they meant it. Yeah, it happened now and again but not recently. I must be slowly but steadily improving as a human being.

1 Like

I think that we can safely let this thread swirl away now, right?

1 Like

Or we could retitle it:

BODY CARE AND GROOMING-- THEY’RE COPS!!!

4 Likes

As long as we can read dirty books, we’ll be okay.

3 Likes

Looks like the conversation here has run its course. Random silliness may return to its usual locations. If anyone has anything on-topic they wish to add, send me a PM, and I will unlock the thread. Go forth and Keep It Clean!

12 Likes