Have you ever gotten to meet anyone from MST3K?

EDIT - FYI, in case anyone is wondering, this post was in regards to a duplicate thread, that Leslie so gracioulsy merged. Thanks Leslie.

We have a thread for this already…

Just a friendly suggestion for folks in general, use the 'search topic" function at the top right of the page to see if your topic has been done previously.

7 Likes

I’ve been able to see Trace and Frank several times here in Omaha at “The Mads are back” live riffing events. Its hard to explain how amazing it is to have a few minutes with them - so much fun.

5 Likes

OH cool, I didn’t know this forum had a search function. Thanks for that heads up.

5 Likes

Met the entire cast of the Cheesy Movie Circus Tour in Columbia, MO. Those photos I got to take with Joel are my pride & joy. I got the meet n greet tickets for the Time Bubble Tour so hopefully I’ll run into Emily again!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this story!

2 Likes

Oh, and I forgot about Mike doing a show at the Shadowbox Theater here in '05 – small, almost intimate venue, and he hung around after the show signing autographs for as long as people were still lining up. I should still have my signed poster somewhere…

4 Likes

I met the Cinematic Titanic crew in York, PA back in 2012, and later spoke individually with Joel at Wizard World Philly in 2015 and The Mads in Bethlehem, PA in 2017. I’ve seen Jonah and Emily (and the rest of the touring crew) live on tour a couple times, but haven’t yet gotten a chance to speak to them.

3 Likes

They came through our town twice for a couple of benefit shows: maybe 5-8 years ago. ( Josh Weinstein performed at the first one, too.) Somewhere there’s a picture snapped by my husband of me shaking hands with Frank. My hair is super-big (lotta’ humidity that day). It looks like it’s about to devour him Blob-style, but he stands his ground and scribbles an autograph-ish ink line on one of my old paper newsletters. :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, evidence required!

I think you and your better half might live in the same town as me. AFAIK, there isn’t jack squanto coming up, except for a tease by Lizz Winstead on one of the more recent The Mads streams, but I don’t know what her show is billing under and her IG and twitter is not too helpful.

There was some talk of Live Show coming to this place, but I don’t think they will make it. Probably Seattle or San Fran.

3 Likes

I met Joel and the new cast at one of the Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour events for MST3K Live and had a most excellent time of it all… and somehow managed not to be a completely incoherent babbling trainwreck.

3 Likes

Just met Felicia Day at Cincinnati Comic Expo. She’s amazing.

4 Likes

I once got into a fight with a crow that lived on a gumball machine… does that count?

3 Likes

I got to act in a live comedy show with TV’s Frank once. It was a parody of Sleep No More/Hamlet. I think he was Claudius and I was Laertes… but it was a while ago and I can’t quite remember the parts.

I also got to meet Jonah Ray when he was a guest on @midnight. (I was a writer on it.)

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I also live in the same town, so that’s at least 3 of us. Those benefit shows were fun.

3 Likes

I was also at the ConventioCon II, so met the cast in the signing line there. And several years later, I went to a book-signing event for ‘Mike Nelson’s Death Rat.’ I was the first person to ask a question who was in range of the microphone he was using. He deliberately bonked me with it a couple times. Then signed my book with “Stop hitting me!” chuckle

And it turns out that someone who attends the same church as me is a cousin of Beez, so I have hopes that I might get to meet her someday.

3 Likes

Met most of 'em, except for the Rifftrax trio. Mostly while they were touring with Cinematic Titanic, and the MST3K live shows.

3 Likes

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this, but this topic seems fitting enough.

I didn’t realize until now that Emily Marsh was from my local area and part of the church my family attends. This morning, my wife received an email from her dad via the church mailing list, encouraging people to attend the DC show. Although I have probably never met Emily in person, I have almost certainly shaken hands with her parents and aunt at church. That’s cool enough for me. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

There are definitely still tickets available; I was on the ticket website this morning and the balcony section has a lot of availability. Lower level’s just about full up though.

2 Likes

I’d love to be there. I caught one of the Circus tour shows there.

Sadly, though, my anxiety won’t allow me to comfortably be in a theater just yet, so I will enjoy the show vicariously through those who see it and report back.

2 Likes

I got to meet and hang out with the entire cast of Cinematic Titanic when they did their first live performance in front of an audience at my job. I also sat next to Joel in a theater and riffed along with him (and a couple dozen co-workers) at a screening of Zardoz.

I know this is a total brag, but honestly that’s what this question was all about, right?

8 Likes