Have you ever gotten to meet anyone from MST3K?

I got a picture and autograph from Mike Nelson at Comic-Con 2007. He couldn’t have been nicer.
He signed the MST3K:The Movie DVD that I payed a fortune for when it was out of print.
He was impressed when I presented it to him then said I was his new best friend right before the picture was taken.
One of my favorite days ever.

20 Likes

I’m gonna be meeting Joel when he comes to my town this November!

11 Likes

I did during the meet and greet for the 30th anniversary tour Boston stop. Took my mom and we showed up suuuuuuper late, but Joel and Jonah were totally sweet about it! Just bought my tickets to meet the new crew in November!

9 Likes

18 Likes

I’m very spoiled as a Minneapolis resident. Met the gang at ConventioCon ExpoFest-A-Rama 2: Electric Boogaloo in 1996 and saw them at the premiere of MST3K: The Movie. And later, Mike came to my college to discuss his new book. I was in heaven!

17 Likes

I met the Sci-Fi Channel era cast at a convention just outside St. Louis around 20 years ago. They were all so wonderful, friendly and quite happy to sign my well-worn ACEG.

Mary Jo Pehl, in particular, really helped me get over my star-struck nerves.

13 Likes

I’ve met everyone from the classic show except the Rifftrax crew, strangely enough.

I met Joel, Trace, Frank, J. Elvis and Mary Jo at a Cinematic Titanic show at the Dallas Film Festival.

I met Joel during the Riffing Myself tour and all of the Live performers during a VIP session.

I met Trace and Frank again a few times when they did The Mads Are Back shows at the Alamo Drafthouses in DFW.

I met Felicia Day a few times before she was on MST3K. One of them being the first time I cosplayed Green Arrow.

I still need to meet Jonah, Patton and most of the Netflix era crew, plus Mike, Bill and Kevin.

15 Likes

So jealous, of all the cast I want to meet Trace and Frank more than anyone.

10 Likes

Does being in Theater in college with Rebecca Hanson count as “meeting” since we were friends before her bringing Cynthia and GPC to life? And for those of you who suspect it: Yes, she is as hilarious and amazing as she seems in all the MST3K things.

21 Likes

I wish I could post my picture of me and Mike. It was so long ago that it disappeared when I deleted my MySpace page…I know I’m old.:laughing:

8 Likes

I wish I could post my picture of me and Mike. It was so long ago that it disappeared when I deleted my MySpace page…I know I’m old.:laughing:

@Bramstokersbakula Old? Son, I was chatting about the Comedy Central era on Prodigy!

In the before time. In the Long Long Ago.

8 Likes

@Zack1991 Memphis Comic Convention by any chance? If so, see you there!

5 Likes

Yeah!!

I met Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett at C2E2 when they did a live show with the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast

I met Joel and Trace, also at C2E2, with the showrunner and rest of cast of Yahoo’s “Other Space.” (A show I wish could’ve continued, it had some good moments and showed potential.)

And I met Felicia Day, also at C2E2, before she was on MST3k. She liked my Hogwarts Student cosplay and said I would make a cute Hermione. It’s a highlight of my life.

12 Likes

I met Felicia Day back during San Diego Comicon in 2008.

12 Likes

YES!!!
That 70S Show Yes GIF by Laff

5 Likes

That’s right. Humor the old man and maybe I’ll tell you tales of the Penn Jillette Wars of '94.

4 Likes

Man, I thought talking about Tom Servo fanart in the old Aol message boards made me old, but I bow to you. :wink:

5 Likes

Wife and I met the group that was on the 30th tour! They were all super friendly and awesome. Absolutely my top celeb moment :slight_smile:

13 Likes

When my son was very little, he started watching MST3K with me because he was intrigued by the robots. So I made him this book. From that book, he learned to count to six.

A couple of years later, I got to meet most of the gang at Dragon*Con. I told them about my son and the book and they signed it. (The only OG main cast person I’m missing is Mike Nelson.) They were, of course, all very friendly and fun.

12 Likes

Whoa…my daughter once made me a Best Parent ever award. I may have to forward it to you after reading this.
So very :sunglasses:

5 Likes