Here comes your OPEN THREAD for tonight's Tribute Event to HOBGOBLINS (And stop squeezing those juice boxes on Pearl's rent-to-own furniture!)

Very welcome, no worries!

Yeah, since the Future War tribute did its thing last night, I’m thinking they’ll just need a little time to get that up and running. But since the Manos tribute is there now, it’s safe to say that it will end up there.

4 Likes

I’m not perfect, especially when this deep in sleep debt, but I do my best. My friends know I love and support them for who they are, and will be the first to make sure others are using their correct pronouns. That context makes a difference. But I do always make an effort to listen and learn and try to fix it when I mess up.

1 Like

No one’s expecting perfection (at least I’m not). But WOW there are definitely some folks out there that really go out of their way to stray as far from perfection or even decency as possible.

The tribute to Hobgoblins should be up now!

I just searched for “Hobgoblins” in My Video Fridge, and it comes up under the title: “SPECIAL 103: A Tribute to… HOBGOBLINS”

2 Likes

Gamma rays: still nothing to trifle with… :atom_symbol:

2 Likes

I wish I could’ve been at the tribute shows but that would’ve been $50 in a week and now I understand the season pass being such a deal

2 Likes

Emily Connor?!?

Yes!

5 Likes

I loved Tom’s line in the short, something like “Eww, the skee balls are coming back all gross!”

9 Likes

Or a composite sketch of the Brain-Gals before they all found their own planet and moved out. (Probably because the Brain-Guys were all bad communicators who refused to ever empty the dishwasher.)

1 Like

For the record, I consider Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies to be the Sci-Fi era Manos.

1 Like

I was thinking that, Blood Waters of Dr Z or Touch of Satan are probably the big contenders for a Sci Fi Manos.

2 Likes

I was thinking those two, but settled on Dr. Z because Satan was just too idyllic.

Yes, I just wrote “Satan was just too idyllic”.

2 Likes

The Future War tribute has now been added! I was just able to find that by searching for “Future War” in the Video Fridge!

4 Likes

Am sure it was mentioned but not scrolling thru all 2000 posts but , get well soon Joel :relaxed:

5 Likes

That’s debatable. I can sit through multiple viewings of Manos (not in a row :grimacing:), but I’ve only seen Incredibly Strange Creatures twice. I think Giant Spider Invasion or Hobgoblins are more similar to the “You can’t stop watching but feel very uncomfortable, yet you go back for more” vibes that Manos exudes.

4 Likes

Any BTS info from Bill & Mary Jo I eat up. I could just listen to them “chat” all day. It really was such a cool panel… Bill having been there & moved on to other success. Mary Jo being there for past & present success. Rebecca enjoying (and being an AWESOME contributor to!) current success. Great POVs all the way around! Enough excalmation points! :grin:

5 Likes

Finally starting the replay. I had to miss out yesterday.

3 Likes

I’ve decided Jonah going into a vapor lock over Club Scum is my favorite tribute event Host Segment! So funny. :laughing:

9 Likes

…and at least the robots didn’t pound the tar out of him while yelling stuff like, “YOU AND YOUR PRECIOUS NINETIES!!” :wink:

5 Likes

ehhhhhhhrrrr wehhhhhhhrrrr uhhhhhh ehhhhhhhr hahahahahaha

1 Like