I am a TERRIBLE fan

Posted this on Twitter the other day:
“I’m gonna tell my children this was the Multiverse of Madness.”
Mikedoll3

7 Likes

Oh, sorry. Two multiverses. And that’s one of the better sketches from that time. See? I’M the worst fan because I completely forgot about it!! :sob:

6 Likes

Like… this discussion?

This discussion right here?

This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. You have an entire SERIES of wildly entertaining and vastly hilarious stuff like this to journey through, @Vavavoomindaroom.

To go back to the heart of this all: that the show means something to you, that you have this aspiration to make your way through the series, that you’ve expressed this inclination to journey through MST3K from beginning to end? That makes you a far cry from a terrible fan.

You dig MST3K. And the fact that you enjoy MST3K? That makes you one heck of a fan. And that’s awesome!

6 Likes

You’re on! I’ll return in 90 minutes to report back.

6 Likes

Excellent! We’ll look forward to hearing what you have to say on the episode!

3 Likes

The Black Scorpion is a fun episode, but I’m pretty sure Women of the Prehistoric Planet was Josh’s last episode. The episode numbers don’t match the order in which they were shot and aired.

3 Likes

That might have been the last one to originally air…? :thinking: I didn’t get to see Season 1 until Comedy Central reran it in the 1990s. Who can forget Penn Jillette referring to poor Josh as “a fake Frank” in the promo segments? :dizzy_face: But I do remember Larry murmuring “'Bye” to the viewers as he left with Dr. F’s files.

2 Likes

Yes.

Time check @ 18 minutes, favorite riff so far:
What’s behind this tree? It’s a dead cop! –That’s right, Bob, it’s a 1953 seniora policia, complete with .38 snubnose revolver, dilated pupils, and rigor mortis. You, too, will sleep silently in your own seniora policia. –From Spiegel catalog, Chicago, Illinois, 60609.

2 Likes

As soon as all the episodes were available, I made a beeline for one of the ones I haven’t seen. It’s so great to have all these here!

4 Likes

MST3K is like Star Trek: there’s so much of it at this point that, if you’ve seen all of it I have to think you’re an exception. Right now doing all of the MST3K episodes back to back without stopping would take just under two weeks! That’s a ton!

5 Likes

Prehistoric Planet was both the last one to film and air. It references episodes with later production numbers in its riff (including Black Scorpion) and also references a contest that was presented in Robot Holocaust.

It has the 104 production number because they were initially going to produce it earlier but had an issue with the rights, which pushed until the end of the season. But it’s most certainly the season finale and Josh’s last episode.

4 Likes

I saw Operation Kid Brother over the weekend and I DIED. That host segment with Joel making out with everyone just ended me. Could not stop laughing.

Everyone else has seen it but it was new for me.

11 Likes

The Moddercrabber. Who else?

7 Likes

Manny and I tried to go in order as best we could using IMDB as a reference, finding episodes wherever we could, and it took months. Glorious, glorious months - and there were a few we couldn’t find. He had always seen episodes here and there as he could, and the only full seasons he had seen were the Netflix ones. He said the best part of watching through in order is catching more of the callbacks.

I would argue that if you’re in the forums and participating in keeping the show going, that makes you a pretty good fan at least.

7 Likes

OMG! :scream_cat: Black Scorpion Dr. Erhardt was trying to fight his way out of a wormhole! :astonished: No wonder we didn’t hear from him again for 10 or 11 seasons!! :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

I guess I’m a rarity because I’ve seen every episode multiple times. It was my comfort viewing during difficult times (and I came upon the show early in Season 1).

Thing is, it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve watched an episode, I always find something new - a joke or reference I didn’t get before (or did, but had forgotten)

It just never gets old.

6 Likes

I’m actually a very good fan. But I’m a very bad wizard.

7 Likes

I am a terrible geek. I loved BTVS, angel. Most other geek movies or series aren’t my thing. The few super hero movies I like have been directed or created by James Gunn or Taika Waititi. Love What we do in the Shadows, both movies and series and things like Our Flag means Death or Reservation Dogs. I will watch the hell out of a Kirasawa movie. I love the golden age of Hollywood between the beginning to now. I just feel sometimes like I know waay too much about a lot of things and also not nearly enough because I had not enough access to things if that makes sense.

7 Likes

Excuse me, but there’s no wrong way to be a geek. :heart:

9 Likes

Aside from this show, most of my intense pop culture fandom of decades past has washed away. So many interests and so little time. I like to think of myself as paring down to the essentials. If only I could do that in 3-D life, as well. :laughing:

7 Likes