Introduce yourselves here!

I was first introduced to MST3 in the early 90’s by my dad, who came across it while searching for something to watch on cable TV. I did not have cable TV but thanks to friends who taped the shows, I was able to watch many of the episodes. I have since introduced MST3K to my spouse and kids. What I particularly love about MST3K is it is one thing that my dad in his 90’s, my spouse and I (I like to refer to our age as “mid-century modern”) and my teenage kids can all enjoy together.

5 Likes

Hello from Austin! Someone told me there would be pizza rolls. Am I in the right place?

5 Likes

Great to be here! Long time fan!
Can’t wait for the new season!

5 Likes

Totally posted in the wrong thread but BEHOLD! Names Russell. Ex-starving artist, hockey fanatic, and co-host a movie review podcast where it’s more like a competitive book club. Happy to be here!

4 Likes

I want to decide who lives and who dies

5 Likes

Hi from Portland. My name is Mike, I’ve been a MSTie since about '92 when I was shown War of the Colossal Beast with Mr. B Natural by a MSTie friend. My house is decorated with about 10 full size onesheet posters from MSTed movies like Tormented, Mitchell and Catalina Caper.
IMG_0007

17 Likes

HI fellow MSTies… I have been one since early 1990s - 2nd or 3rd season.
I am MST3K Info Club member #12850. :slightly_smiling_face:
I attended the 2nd Annual MST3K ConventioCon ExpoFestarama in Minneapolis in 1996. (I never laughed so much in one weekend in my life! Still hoping there will be a 3rd one, with full cast reunion, some day!).
I have attended 2 Live MST3K Shows, 2 or 3 Mads are Back live Shows, and 1 Cinematic Titanic Live show. (Plenty of simulcast RiffTrax shows, as well as online events).
I also contributed to all 3 reboot Kickstarters, and contributed to all 4 series of MST3K trading cards.
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi-keeba, y’all! My name’s Mick, MSTie for over 25 years. I’m an improvisor/actor/writer from the great Garden State. MST3K is the single biggest influence on my comedic sensibility, and it’s been a respite from the problems of the world and my mental health issues since I was a teenager. MSTies are the nicest, funniest people I’ve come across on the web, and I’m so glad to have this as a new gathering places for us all!

5 Likes

“Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This…is wrong tool.”

3 Likes

Hello, I am Hollysdower, of the Hollywood Rowsdowers.

I first saw MST on Comedy Central my 2nd year of college. Episode was the famous original Gamera. When Servo sang “Tibby” I was hooked.

Dunno what else to say about me…no social media…so, just Oh hai all! :grinning:

5 Likes

oh hey i know you from Tumblr XD i’m DarlingVaiSheikah

3 Likes

Welcome! You can park your walker right here, next to mine! :wink:

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Hi all! Tom here. The wife and I have been Misties since at least 1992. So glad and proud to be able to help keep the torch lit!

13 Likes

Oh hey! It’s nice seeing you again! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi folks. Mike here. Not the MST guy, just a life long fan of MST3K. After the show ended I was sad like many of you. The days were long, the nights were dark or at least until the sun came up again the next day. For years in the land of the Dairy Queen the kingdom was sullen and without laughter. Our precious MST3K was no more. But the sun would shine again. Not just because that pesky night time ended, but a new visitor bestowed their presence on the kingdom. It was indeed “time for RIFFTRAX”. And the crowd went wild…yay…see? The Rifftrax was funny. The Rifftrax was good. The land was prosperous again producing ham dinners and cheesey movie delight. Then once upon a day like most, there came a guy, a former host, his name was Joel, so don’t you know, he brought back that magic to the land, please take my money it’s in my hand, there came back funny with new life, though this time I watch with my wife.

:notes: Mystery Science Theateeerr three thousaaand! :notes:

We’ve got movie sign

-Mike Heal, life long Mystie

8 Likes

Hi all, I’m Vanessa! Hailing from the city of Seattle. really excited to be here. I’m not very good with social media so nothing to plug

4 Likes

eh? speak up!

Maya Rudolph What GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

This is my first second post. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

3 Likes

“No… no… never use this… no.”

3 Likes

Been a fan since the first Comedy Channel days, and proud to have introduced MST3K to our two children - 1 who gets it, and 1 we’re still working on!

8 Likes