Introduce yourselves here!

Hi. I’m Bob Evil.

8 Likes

Hi, Bob Evil. :smiley:

6 Likes

I’d like to be one of your team players! I pressed my finest baby pink suit!

6 Likes

mst3k821office

Wait until you see his sweet office space!

5 Likes

I love Carnival Magic! It’s seedy but not as gross-seedy as Giant Spider Invasion or as violent-seedy as Sidehackers. Also, “They never found the talking chimp that did it” is one of the funniest lines in the history of the show.

9 Likes

I did as well through the power of Rifftrax, welcome aboard!

And also, Ann-Margaret is Mitten With a Whip!

7 Likes

Thank you!

And in all seriousness, glad you’re here in our cozy little cultmunity!

8 Likes

I grew up on Phineas and Ferb. Before I found MST3K, I was a big Disney kid.

Welcome! :grin:

11 Likes

That’s awesome! I know a lot of who people grew up on Phineas and Ferb. Surprisingly, I was only introduced to it about a year ago, after which I promptly binge-watched the entire show and both movies in a couple weeks. :joy: I’m currently on my way through a re-watch so i can remember it better whenever season 5 comes out.

I’m trying not to talk about it too much because I could very easily go on and on for hours and hours. :grimacing: :smiley:

But seriously, I love that show for many of the same reasons I love MST: It’s funny, and formulaic and predictable, and nothing really bad ever happens. And it’s got some excellent songs. They both make for great comfort shows.

8 Likes

hello, I usually go by「star」on this internet thing these days. I like MST3K, Italian horror/giallo, and Dragon Quest games/Japanese stuff in general basically. That and a generous helping of weed to tie all that nonsense together along with the rest of my head. I’m pretty lurky on forums, you’re more likely to see me blurting out nonsense on instinct in the Twitch channel chat than here, but I like to look at stuff people talk about :blush: it’s easier to learn about humans that way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I went to the mst3kon and it was a lot of fun! I got kicked out of the theater (just for a bit lol) for trying to steal trade secrets by napping a couple rows back from the gate sequence, 10/10 would commit corporate espionage again :joy: I have barely left my house since COVID began so it was a good way to break some personal barriers down. I guess I’ll keep that rolling by introducing myself-- oh I did it already huh

the end thanks

10 Likes

I’m glad to see you’re back, @sutaa! If you enjoy blurting nonsense, you may like to join us for our regularly scheduled Community Watch parties. We get together and simultaneously watch a preselected episode and go nuts in a companion thread. Our current theme is “The road less traveled” with less discussed episodes getting the spotlight. It’s all here:

It’s a real blast - hopefully you’ll join us on August 4th for The Viking Women and the Sea Serpent!

11 Likes

oh that sounds fun, I’ll give it a shot :slight_smile: less discussed episodes is a good theme, I tend to look at exactly everything people usually are not looking at so that ought to be fun lol

9 Likes

We’ll definitely hope to see you there, @sutaa, and again, welcome to the forums, we’re glad to see you around this-a-ways!

6 Likes

Hi!! I’m Voice! I’ve known about MST3K for all of my life but didn’t really got into it until a few years ago (my family are all msties lol.)

Besides that, I am an artist who creates animations sometimes. I’m also a fellow enjoyer of comics, videogames, and animated shows! (obviously.)

I’ve can wait to spend more time here, even though I’ve been lurking around in the threads for awhile :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

Welcome (officially) aboard, @voicewave!

7 Likes

Welcome, @voicewave! Hello! Thank you! Won’t we?

6 Likes

Welcome @voicewave. From your name, I’ll assume you’re one of those music sub-genres that the Kids are into these days, with their big hair and their soundclouds and their pagers and whatnot. I won’t claim to understand you, but I welcome you nonetheless.

5 Likes

Let me add my welcome to the pile, @voicewave! Crack open a Schlitz (but please keep the baby oil safely stowed away) and settle in!

4 Likes

Welcome, @voicewave! I prefer to wave with my hands, but you do you!

5 Likes

Welcome @voicewave! Good idea lurking first… you know what you’re getting into :grin:

7 Likes