Introduce yourselves here!

And yet they have a sketch dedicated to a Sven and Ole joke. It’s so Midwestern but people love it around the world.

8 Likes

I bet they’re popular in Malta!

4 Likes

I’ve been here since almost the beginning of the forums, but I just realized I never introduced myself! Better late than never. :smiley:
Hello! Gen Z MSTie here from the midwest. I was introduced to the show as a kid in the late 2000s/early 2010s, but I didn’t really get into it until the Netflix seasons. I don’t post very often, but I read almost everything here! I plan to start participating in threads here more often. My favorite episode is a toss up between Carnival Magic, The Day Time Ended, and Beyond Atlantis.
Biggest other fandoms at the moment include Star Wars, Stargate, Doctor Who, and Phineas and Ferb.

I did read this entire thread before posting, so it’s nice to meet you all! :joy: :grin:

16 Likes

Belated welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome @mittens. Always nice to meet another Phineas & Ferb fan.

6 Likes

Howdy there, @mittens, and (a belated) welcome to the forums! :smiley:

3 Likes

@MichaelRobertson, @Madptarmigan, @optiMSTie Thank you all so much! :smiley:

5 Likes

Greetings!

live long and prosper star trek GIF

4 Likes

Joe Don Baker IS Mittens!

9 Likes

Hi @mittens! Tell me, were you satisfied with Joe Don Baker’s performance AS you?

(And welcome to the forums, and @DAV owes me a Coke!)

8 Likes

Very welcome, aye! :smiley:

I’d like to say this to you and I’d like to say this to everyone who may be seeing this: whether you feel more comfortable posting or reading, we’re just absolutely grateful to have you here among us! Truly, thank you all for joining us.

Whatever y’all feel like doing, you all make up a valuable part of this MSTie collective, and what’s important is that you all feel welcome as a part of this wonderful fan community. It’s a fan community that I’m so utterly and profoundly proud of.

And @mittens, whenever you feel like participating, we’ll look forward to hearing from you! It would be nifty to hear your thoughts on your favorite episodes that you mentioned!

6 Likes

Since it took you nearly 2 years to introduce yourself, I’m going to wait nearly 2 years to welcome you.

Unless I forget, which I can guarantee I will.

:rofl:

6 Likes

“Hi, I’m Max Keller. I’m a seagull.”

5 Likes

It’s not at my top, but I’d put Carnival Magic close to my Top Ten which makes us rare kindred spirits. I get the impression that experiment isn’t widely liked. Maybe it’s related to us both being Midwesterners.

7 Likes

Named after my favorite Mitchell episode and my user ID references the other JBD movie.

Step Brothers Ryan GIF

6 Likes

Carnival Magic is one of my favorite Netflix episodes. I hadn’t realized it wasn’t well-liked.
The Day Time Ended and Beyond Atlantis are also among my favorite episodes.

8 Likes

Maybe Carnival Magic is better liked than I thought.

Dozens-of-us GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 Likes

I thought Carnival Magic was well received but I don’t have any data to back this up.

5 Likes

I was under that impression myself. Loved the hell out of it, the closest thing to bringing that “where did they FIND this” Manos vibe in Season 11.

6 Likes

Carnival Magic is one of those cozy sleeper-hit eps that grows on you, in my opinion. It Lives By Night has a similar “What even is this grotty little movie?” charm for me.

9 Likes