IT'S YOUR OPEN THREAD for episode 1302 "Robot Wars," starting tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

Another fun angle, mine tonight, was having some of both. :joy:
Goood feels.

2 Likes

Yup…

2 Likes

ROFLMHWPCAO!

Yes!

Make It So Star Trek GIF

4 Likes

I’m doing a rewatch with a friend, and that “if you mess with the bull” line makes me just as angry the second time.
YOU’RE IN A SCORPION!
“If you mess with the scorpion, you get the stinger!” IS RIGHT THERE! It’s right there! :sob:

8 Likes

Well, finished reading this epic thread! Now my scattershot thoughts towards 1302:

• I’ll admit the April Fools prank got me good. Well played!
  • So great we got to see Dr. Cabal: The Strange Financier From The Future to start the episode!
  • The movie is so perfect for MST. A slice of Early 90s cheese that felt like something I’d watch on a rainy weekend afternoon.
  • Great host segments. Loved the 90s Nostalgia sketch. “Do It Rockapella!” really got me in the feels. (Loved the Carmen Sandiego game show growing up).
  • The concluding segment with the return of Wrestling Host Jonah was a terrific surprise!
  • Emily!
  • The post-show discussion was delightful and heartfelt. I’ll gladly admit it got me emotional at times.
  • MSTies. You awesome.
  • ALL HAIL WHITE DOT!
  • The Gizmoplex is worth every penny.
  • MSTies. You still awesome.

Another successful evening I’ll never forget! MST3K FOREVER!

15 Likes

I go yearly for the Halloween Haunt, and (for non Haunt stuff) I preferred the old days when it was more western themed and less roller-coaster oriented, but it’s fun.

Good lord, that’s almost exactly what I said. “This needs the Vinegar Syndrome treatment!”

4 Likes

I’d love a system that does that (mostly for friends): I’ve suggested so for the gizmoplex features. More votes might help: Friends list (and associated features)

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve watched it, but other than the writing/script, and maybe the lead actor(?) I remember having a lot of positive feelings towards that movie. Like, the set/costume/props/effects, the production elements, I remember them seeming good, and like the crew cared / did their best.
--
Robot Wars tonight, too, actually. The lead (or the writing for him, perhaps) aren’t great, there are some plot/writing/characterization issues for me, but most of the cast were doing their best with what they had, and the production/set/costumes are delightful.

3 Likes

Are you telling us that you’ll become Dr. Cabal, the strange financier from the future?

4 Likes

Emily has arrived!! :blush:Looking forward to her riffing!

11 Likes

I tried to stay up for this, but dozed off just before midnight. So I’m watching it now. I had forgotten how bad the dialogue is in this flick, but it is still quite a fun watch.
Plus it has Barbara :hearts: Crampton in it, which always helps.

1 Like

And had Phillipa Forrester in a leather jacket to appeal to the dads.

2 Likes

I’m a millionaire, free plane tickets for everyone!!!

1 Like

The BBC have a long history of inserting a little “dadnip” to encourage family viewing. Especially on Top of the Pops, when the artistes were unavailable that week.

4 Likes

Well, I do communicate with Manos. So…

1 Like

Doctor Who companions are a classic case in point to the point that it became a somewhat unfair stereotype for many, even if some leading ladies left the show due to dissatisfaction with the material. Karen Gillan would be the most notable example from the 2010s, with Jenna Coleman coming fairly close.

Became a tad confusing when the not-exactly-unattractive Jodie Whittaker became the Doctor.

1 Like

One more point I wanted to make:

• Loved that they stayed and riffed the end credits!
7 Likes

Y’all are awesome.

6 Likes

Hey, that Mega One Robot had some pretty sweet components if that parts list is anything to go by!

3 Likes

You know you’re a MSTie when… You scroll through this entire thread while watching the episode on replay because you once again missed the livesteam.

MST3K wouldn’t exist without everyone being so deeply invested in this weird little show. It NEEDS to continue and keep allowing this little oasis of friendliness to thrive! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes