M. Waverly and Growler Appreciation Thread (it can also be a fan club of some sort)

Growler is made of kindness and good humor.

10 Likes

In retrospect, woulda made sense to me to have M. Waverly & Growler as Emily’s bots. I wasn’t a fan of them at first–they didn’t look ramshackle enough–but boy have they grown on me. I’d like to see them take a turn riffing, at least on a short.

4 Likes

I’m totally down down for them to riff a short. I’d like to see the shorts break some of the rules. Get Kinga and Max in there. Pearl and Synthia. Jonah or Emily with Growler and Waverly. Both Crows and both Toms.

5 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve been pretty ambivalent about Waverly and Growler so far, but tonight’s opening elevated them for me. They’re both gentle spirits, which I feel fits the show perfectly. They’re a nice contrast to the loud/in-your-face-ness of Kinga and Max, and seeing them off on their own outside the usual sets was a treat.

7 Likes

This is the reason I keep hoping they’ll leave Moon 1 - I don’t like their precious metal souls being chained to the Mads, however economic it may be for the narrative and structure of the show. I get the creative impetus but I just don’t like 'em as Boneheads.

3 Likes

I keep thinking there will be a payoff for them being boneheads, like they’ll help Joel back to his time or something.

I still want them to riff a short together. And we’ve seen Pearl and Larry in the theater together, so we know the shorts can bend the rules.

5 Likes

:astonished: :exploding_head:
Incredible!

8 Likes