Mid-Month Viewing Party Anyone? >>> POD PEOPLE OPEN THREAD - 20 MAY 5pm PST / 8pm EST

Poll for where everyone is at so we can sort out times!

• North/South America
  • Western Africa/Europe
  • India/China
  • Australia/NZ
  • I’m not close to any of these, more options please!

0 voters

2 Likes

Ah, but my friend - tiered watch times mean you get to watch 3 movies with friends! Triple the fun! :smiley:

5 Likes

True. Could even expand to have each region choose their own movie, but if it suits other regions everyone can join? Multi movie mid may mania :grin:

3 Likes

Let’s go bananas! We can’t expect our amazing hosts to give us something live EVERY weekend. … Can we? :thinking: Maybe if we were to lock them up in a moon base…

4 Likes

One thing I would say based on the last fan organised watchalong , there was a bit of ‘well this movie always shows up’ , so I’d like to see more obscure episodes up for voting , as we are likely to see more popular episodes appearing as live event options anyway.

6 Likes

If we wanted to use Turkey Day as a barometer of what episodes have been featured more than others, there’s a thread for that:

5 Likes

Ooh, good call. I haven’t actually hosted any kind of viewing party and have no idea what I’m doing, I’m just really enjoying breaking up the pandemic monotony with a MST3K event once every few weeks (or more frequently if possible)! I hadn’t really thought about people getting fussy about it since the goal was just to have a little fun as a community. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The fun part will be when the Screening Bunker upgrades are finished and everyone will be able to set up their own private watch parties inside the Gizmoplex.

7 Likes

The impromptu gathering for City Limits went exceptionally well. I would totally be down for another!

8 Likes

Ever so slightly less than impromptu since we’re talking about like 3 weeks out, but… Adult spontaneity ftw…? O_o

6 Likes

Which vault pick are we watching together next week, MSTIES?

3 Likes

I vote Pod People, only because I remember a few of us wondered about a tribute episode of its own in the live thread.

That, and there’s plenty of flying over trout with the wind in your eyes, while searching for a clown in the sky. I heard it stinks!

7 Likes

I second this vote. All in favor say Aye!

6 Likes

it stinks mystery science theater 3000 GIF

9 Likes

Pod People is a legendary episode and a sentimental favorite. It was the very first one I watched, after all!

I would totally be in favor!

8 Likes

Second one here, after Alien from L.A.!

And it was something of a chunk of time after that one. I caught Alien from L.A. on MTV’s Comedy Weekend promo event (purely by accident), and after everything I read about this series that I wanted to see, I FREAKED OUT.

I caught Pod People by accident, too, thanks to some late-night channel surfing and landing on a local Fox affiliate that happened to be playing the Mystery Science Theater Hour. Again, predictably, I FREAKED OUT.

Soft spot for both of them.

5 Likes

I had a similar experience but I don’t know what the actual episode was because I came across it in the middle of it. It was airing on Wisconsin PBS and I tried so hard to find it or figure out if it would be back the following week but that was before we had THE INTERNET :scream:

I know I started watching it when it was still on Comedy Central and I was all in when it came to Sci-Fi, never missing an episode. I sat there every week and recorded it on VHS, which is such a quaint idea these days. So thankful for the livestreams and The Gizmoplex so I can finally fill in any episodes I may have missed over the years.

6 Likes

Why not something less famous?

2 Likes

My plan was to rolld a d6 and let random chance choose the vault pick to watch per the discussion earlier here.

4 Likes

thanks for the link, i didn’t see that discussion before. honestly i’m up for anything (but i’m planning to rewatch Werewolf and Pod People by the end of the month).

4 Likes