Mid-Month Viewing Party Anyone? >>> POD PEOPLE OPEN THREAD - 20 MAY 5pm PST / 8pm EST

I am 1000000% looking forward to it, but then, MST3K is my big Friday Night EVENT. I don’t even care how terrible the movie is, I’m just, gosh, so happy to be here. :heart:

3 Likes

Ahhh-greed - @ivan thank you so much, this was an awesome experience! :heart:

5 Likes

Now I got the end credits going on a Season 13 episode for the Clown in the Sky remix!

So good.

2 Likes

We need a supermix of overdubs for our aftershows @Chris_Combs, I know you’ll come through for us.

4 Likes

It’s fantastic to consider how they reinvented something that was so good to begin with, and in high style, too.

4 Likes

Followup no one asked for: I found Spaceballs on whatever channel Laff is, so following up Pod People with that. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice, Mel Brooks is always a good call. I’ve been having a hankerin’ to watch Blazing Saddles, going to have to get that sorted sometime soon.

3 Likes

So … yeah. That was something all right. LOL!

Did anyone else notice that the aliens in the credits are completely different aliens from Trumpy? Where did those other aliens come from?

5 Likes

A tool video.

1 Like

This movie, which Rifftrax did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I’ve decided to seek out the “Chief? McCloud!” call-back from Mac and Me. Hey, why not? It’s a nice full-circle way to wind down the evening!

(It has a Cry Wilderness callback in it too!)

4 Likes

Until I get backer-verified feel free to post my links into the Matt McGinnis overdubs thread to keep everything in one place.

ETA: Or hey maybe I can request that thread be moved to a public place?

2 Likes

I wish I could :heart: react the ETA.

@optiMSTie is there a way to extract the overdub thread into off-topic land with your magic mod powers?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Pacific Standard Time is 5:00 PM
London would be 1:00 AM

I may be setting a dangerous precedent for myself if these unofficial events become fairly common, but for those wanting a full set of fake tickets for all the events including these community screenings, I’ve hacked together a ticket for this event and added it to the file I’ve been maintaining over in this thread.

4 Likes

This is gloriously geeky, bless you. :heart:

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Some might say “unnecessarily obsessive” rather than geeky, though I did manage to stop myself at trying to work in the custom artwork used for the “pesky critters” thumbnail.

4 Likes

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. :smiley:

3 Likes