Movin' right along, footloose and BITTEN BY BATS! This right here is your open thread for tonight's IT LIVES BY NIGHT watch party. (Fri 9/15/23 @ 8 PM EDT)

Location #5 along the Road Less Traveled finds us in bat country. Let’s stop here!

Paint colors! Mustaches! Mike as Ted Baxter! Rabies treatment! Skiing! (pronounce it however you want) The Russian defector from WKRP ! This episode has it all, assuming your definition of “all” ignores nitpicky little things like good pacing and characters with charisma and an interesting plot and colors that aren’t best described as “dingy” and/or “washed out.” On the other hand, if you’re into distressed hats and generally unlikable '70s people getting frisky in caves and mannequin abuse and an opening theme you can sing along with—pick a note, any note!—and turtlenecks then boy howdy, is this the movie for you or what?

Oh, and there’s something about bats. Can’t forget the bats.

What it absolutely doesn’t have, though, is a lead actor who looks vaguely like he might be Tim Ryder’s uncle. Don’t get that idea in your head or it may be very, very difficult to shake loose. Just trust me on this.

Yes, fellow forumlings, it’s …

As always this is an unofficial and barely supervised watch party. We’ve gone rogue, y’all! Party like it’s 1979! At precisely 8 PM EDT we’ll all hit play, whether on our own copies or the Gizmoplex copy linked right down there. If you show up late just fast forward to however many minutes past start time it is in the episode and you’ll be all synced up. (Can’t get here until 8:19 EDT? Skip to the 19 minute mark in the episode.)

Remember, the temporary shutdown of the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater is still in effect while Ivan and his minions give it the full-on William Castle treatment. If your seat buzzes or you’re accosted by a floating skeleton during tonight’s movie, that’s totally a you thing. Maybe it’s time to change your dosage. What do I know?

Countdown clock

11 Likes

Tonight’s viewing of it lives by night has been canceled and is being replaced by some video starring Susan Gibson, or was it Debbie Gibson…hmmm well either way.

3 Likes

Time to go guano insane - 1970s style!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6 Likes

Did she have smiley faces drawn on her knees?

3 Likes

You know it’s very difficult to tell from this vantage point. Although to be perfectly honest I’m just sitting here wondering if there’s beer on the Sun.

3 Likes

OMG :rofl::face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Do not, under any circumstances, notice such a thing. It probably can’t be unseen.

6 Likes

Wasn’t the lead actor in Star Trek the original series?

I mean not that I would actually watch anything like that right,…

SPOOOOOOOOOCK

3 Likes

Apparently so!

5 Likes

Remember me? I’m the wormy guy.

3 Likes

I don’t think I ever made it all the way through this one. Eek!

6 Likes

I haven’t either, looking forward to doing so in a little less than 2 hours!!!

3 Likes

Spoiler: Turns out it’s actually squeak!

4 Likes

PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL THE INCREDIBLE SECRET ENDING OF IT LIVES BY NIGHT :

mst3k706squeak

5 Likes

It was a bit much when they found the Joker playing card at the end, but we can work with that.

4 Likes

Gold… Frankenstein, and murhhhhhhhhman!

3 Likes

Okay, It Comes By Night…but will it leave at a decent hour?

A lady needs her beauty sleep…or she gets real ugly in the mornings. :grin::innocent:

6 Likes

In order to draw attention I guess you kind of have to go with the title “it lives by night”. Sounds kind of ominous and sinister. Or if they went with something like “it lives by the bus stop”… Doesn’t really sound all that threatening in fact the kind of sounds sad and depressing.

3 Likes

It Makes a Decent Living and Feels Generally Okay About Its Situation, I Guess.

7 Likes

WOOHOO! Finally here!

So dang excited to be doing this once again!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes