Not even Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis (containing X-4) can stop the Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party, thanks to RADAR! This is *your* OPEN THREAD for the RADAR SECRET SERVICE watch party! (Tonight, September 1st, at 8PM EDT)

The Road Less Traveled watch party series rolls on to its fourth stop, and this evening, we’re taking the scenic route with a big metal colander on our car! Or is it a beach ball? A red-and-white plastic bobber? Well, anyway…

Tonight, we’ll enjoy a radiolocation system of fun with the 1950 “action” movie, Radar Secret Service! Let’s watch as G-men operatives search for some gangsters who stole a shipment of U-238 (unless they stole a shipment of UB40 tapes by mistake), and if we’re lucky, we’ll get to see some trees along the way! Maybe even a shrub!

And because it’s attached to this episode, why don’t we look at the classic Union Pacific short, Last Clear Chance, as part of our itinerary? This short educates drivers about using caution at railroad crossings, which will probably serve us well as we navigate the Road Less Traveled (unless it doesn’t serve us well).

radarsecretservice

Now remember, this is a COMPLETELY UNSANCTIONED and TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL watch party! If the Mads discover our Golden Grahams all over the floor or find our supply of Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with patented Hinder 90), not even radar will be able to get us out of this jam!

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex VHX site:

In the theater, the crew watches as the astonishing power of radar is used to track down criminals selling atomic gear on the black market in “Radar Secret Service” (1950). Meanwhile, on the SOL, the bots throw Mike a 10-year high school reunion based on information gathered from Mike’s yearbook. This episode features the short “Last Clear Chance.”

Hop into your full acre of car, place your order at that shady-looking restaurant, keep your eyes peeled for the occasional Sid Melton in the wild and join us at 8PM EDT on the dot. (But don’t worry, join in anytime by advancing to the current point. For example, if you tune in at 8:26 EDT, advance to 26 minutes.)

Remember, the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater is still closed due to a flubber spill, so be sure to meet us in the secret bunker (aka the VHX website)!

3 Likes

Oh, and of course…

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 Likes

Radar at the ready, Cap’n!

3 Likes

But… is there electric radar to go with my electric car ? ! ? !

4 Likes

Why don’t they look? :disguised_face:

5 Likes

hqdefault

“You’re deep, @Madptarmigan.”

5 Likes

ELECTRIC MAYBE

4 Likes

Radar is not unlike Rick Astley in that it’s never gonna let us down!

5 Likes

:coffee:
Ready.

6 Likes

Wish the sound on this one was better. Still, it’s the spirit that counts.

(Also, I think everyone in this band is married to everyone else. So it’s only a matter of time before they all de-couple [sic] and become huge stars at the same time… just like Fleetwood Mac!)

3 Likes

Radar’s Choice brand coffee!

3 Likes

Don’t you point your RADAR at me, buster!

3 Likes

brb gonna work on a theme album of all radar songs

2 Likes

RADAR KNOWS WHAT’S BEST FOR OUR LIVES

2 Likes

Shortwave radio, but it’s the closest I could find in my ephemera stash:

Czechoslovakia Shortwave Radio Card, 1968

3 Likes

WOOHOO! Finally here! Watch Party Friday!

So ready to continue along this Road Less Traveled!

Let’s do this!

5 Likes

I’m here, and I made sure to bring another woman who looks almost exactly like me but turns out to be a different character!

2 Likes

They still look less alike than the two Lady Wahrwilves, IMHO.

4 Likes

:smiley:

WELCOME TO THE WATCH

3 Likes

Radar could even help us figure out who’s who in the movie!

Wait, hold on…

[puts finger to earpiece as if to listen more intently to an incoming message]

… I retract that statement. A thousand pardons.

3 Likes