MST3K Season 13

Hey, it can’t be worse than 2.

3 Likes

Wait I thought Jonah died at the end of the Veggietales episode

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was that terrible. Just didn’t stay with me like the first one did. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I would like to give a shoutout for Sleep for Health for being the first Gizmoplex-era anything in black and white (which actually pleases me) and, of course, Joel’s first new short!

Plus, thank you to all backers who contributed riffs to this! Glad to see your efforts finally got seen! :smiley:

10 Likes

I hope the 3d glasses can get distributed before the episode drops

4 Likes

Black and White movies were a big part of the experience in ye olden dayes.

5 Likes

Also something I noticed: the sounds for the door sequence at the beginning of the Sleep for Health short are backwards. The closing audio is heard when the doors are opening.

1 Like

So I was rewatching Doctor Mordrid last night and I’m still amused by Emily’s entire acting style. It’s so clear that she’s a stage actress, with her big, exaggerated facial expressions and a voice that seems to project even while she’s miked up lol. And it definitely seems like they give her and her bots the best (read: most technically demanding) songs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s just so great to observe her whole crew’s unique comedy style, quite a bit different from Joel/Mike/Jonah episodes but still a great laugh. I’m just glad to see that Emily & Co’s experience doing the live stage shows still translated well to onscreen episodes :grin:

11 Likes

Yeah, I got to see the last two tours, so I was ready for Team Emily.

9 Likes

Beyond Atlantis and Doctor Mordrid have zoomed crazy far ahead of anything else in recent years on my favorite episodes list. The rewatchability… they’ve displaced some real standbys. Emily is bidding strongly to be my favorite host ever.

11 Likes

Beyond Atlantis was my Season-13-is-undeniably-amazing moment. So weird. So wild. So well-riffed.

Joel and I both used the same adjective: solid.

9 Likes

Oh absolutely. I’m sure that the riffs and sketches she’s done would still be funny if done by one of the fellas, but their delivery would be so different and that’s really what sells the humor in some of them. Emily’s got this vibe of being the, like, awkward weird girl in your class who you eventually realize is hilarious, not in a class clown kind of way but in a she’s-just-Like-That kind of way.

7 Likes

Speaking of Gamera
the flying turtle’s trending on Twitter right now.

3 Likes

Looks like that’s a priority based on the most recent backer update!

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I chose a seemingly generic Season 13 thread.

There’s a new commercial for season 13 up on YouTube.

11 Likes

What’s with the weird narrator voice, Joel?

1 Like

Watching Dr Mordrid now Emily and crew are hilarious. Hard to believe it came out a year ago!

13 Likes

I wasn’t sure if this was the best place to put this or not, but season 13 is on sale for $30 on iTunes.

8 Likes

THERE’S A SEASON 13?!?!

4 Likes

Pretty sure he’s doing Ardy there.

5 Likes