MST3K: The Terrible Reboot

Munchie Science Theater 3000

All Munchie

All the time

The Mads? Munchies.

The Bots? Munchies.

The host? One of three rotating Munchies.

Munchie, Munchie, and Munchie riff on Munchie which in turn stars Munchie, Munchie, Munchie, and other assorted Munchies

Munchie

6 Likes

Mr. E, Sy Ants, Theodore 3000. The Chipmunks after the apocalypse.

6 Likes

gets a phone call
Hello? Oh hey, Bernie. Yeah, what about the show? Oh. Already? Okay. I’ll go tell 'im.
hangs up
@optiMSTie, I just got a call from your agent about the new MUNCHIE TV show. It made everybody cringe so bad. And for that, the show’s canceled.

6 Likes

arresteddevelopmentsadwalk

4 Likes

shocked fox tv GIF by Family Guy

5 Likes

Mystery Broadway Theater 3000

Riffing of live performances, but comes with the added danger of the actors launching back at the riffers. Patty LuPone is a frequent guest star.

4 Likes

Mystery Science Library. We watch some people read. That’s all.

8 Likes

The new reboot has to be realistic! No more green screen! No more digital effects! We’re building an actual space station and shooting the full cast into space. There will be satellite delay in sending them the movie and getting the riffs back, so it will never quite sync, but don’t worry about that. The cast won’t be able to leave the set to go see friends and family because it’s too expensive to let them come down and launch them up again, but it’ll be worth it to have real zero g host segments. The space station will be vulnerable to hard radiation, micrometeorites, and space junk, but we’re sure it’ll be fine. We aren’t going to worry too much at this stage about how they’ll eat and breathe. Relax. It’ll work out somehow. Oh, but in the spirit of realism, there will be no puppets. A human host and two robots running ChatGPT (and a third running ChatGPC, which is currently in alpha testing). So all we have to do is finish designing and building the… Wait, what do you mean we’re already over budget? We don’t even the rockets yet!

10 Likes

That’s The Found Footage Festival, more or less.

My terrible reboot would probably be a mistaken reality-show rebrand, like they tried to do with the Muppets. Though it’d be funny for a couple of minutes as GPC yelled, “Stop trying to CANCEL me!!”

6 Likes

FFF doesn’t comment though.

2 Likes

Huh? They totally do, all the time. They now have full-length watch-a-longs on their Patreon, too. I don’t know if that applies there, though. I don’t have Patreon.

2 Likes

Miz Story Science Theater 3000

MST3K, but they’re exclusively riffing on Miz subplots from WWE Monday Night Raw.

It’s really a quality roulette thing, depending.

5 Likes

Mystery Science Footwear

Exact same show, but everyone wears Crocs.

5 Likes

Misery Silence Theater 3000. Only Lars von Trier films, but without sound.

5 Likes

-OR- Mystery Silence Theater 3000 - A show where a guy and two puppets don’t talk during a movie.

4 Likes

Miserly Science Theater 300

Same show, but the budget for each episode cannot exceed the budget of the original film being riffed (and no adjustment for inflation).

7 Likes

Missouri Science Theater 3000

The MST3K treatment given to Branson, Missouri showbiz.

(I’M SORRY)

7 Likes

Miserlou Science Theater 3000

Same show, but the opening theme is now played by Dick Dale. Sure, it sounds like a winner, but the closing theme is replaced by the Black Eyed Peas’ “Pump It Harder.”

10 Likes

MST3k II
Shortened name and more sugar. Market survey data suggests it will be be preferred by consumers over competing shows.

6 Likes

“In your country…”

6 Likes