MST3K: The Terrible Reboot

Mitchell Science Theater 3000

MST3K but a series that exclusively deals with OH MY GOD JOE DON BAKER FOUND OUR BASE OF OPERATIONS AND HE’S MIFFED SAVE YOURSELVES GO GO GO

10 Likes

Only people who’ve gone on record as hating the show are allowed to be involved in the reboot.

Which leaves us Peter Graves for host, about 50 really annoying IMDB commenters to voice the robots, and whatsisname who did Gremlins. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Joe Dante hates the show? I am well surprised to hear that.

1 Like

Tjardus Greidanus as head writer?

3 Likes

Maury Science Theater

The host and bots watch in real time as the Mads run the PCR sequencers and let the computers interpret the data to find out who the real father is, then riff on the ensuing fight when the results are delivered.

5 Likes

It surprised me, too.

3 Likes

Well that’s going to make having dinner with him awkward in the future.

I mean, more awkward than if I somehow had dinner with him in the first place.

5 Likes

Why don’t we just have dinner instead? We can bring along everyone in the thread just to make sure there’s no misunderstanding from the TMZ types.

6 Likes

Imagine a show built from Bruce Wayne and Terry McGinnis riffing on Batman '66 as a one-off short for an event, because when you think back on it and that more would’ve been a great way to explore all the zany of Batman, but said Bruce voice dies

3 Likes

I mean, no, what you do is get a theater troupe of …mildly experience actors, have them make short films, butcher it in editing, and then make them watch it back!

…I may be horribly evil.

2 Likes

We did get the fantastic sequence where Terry takes Bruce out for his birthday to see Batman: The Musical.

Bruce:… You hate me, don’t you?

Is it okay if I embed the clip? It's only a minute long, and it's fantastic.

Batman Beyond: Batman's musical play - YouTube

2 Likes

I’d actually watch this

4 Likes

No more bots! They’re just human actors now. They’re both roomates with Joel, who will be played by Adam Sandler. Tom Servo will be played by Tim Allen, and Carlton Row Trobot (That’s C. Row Trobot) will be played by The Rock. They all live in an apartment together and have a bad movie night every Sunday, but we never see that. Most of the time, they’re bickering over domestic issues and seeking sexual conquest at the local tavern.

5 Likes

Fixed.

5 Likes

True, but I’m talking about this from DC FanDome

1 Like

Mystery Science Noh Theatre 3000

The movies, riffs and host segments are all performed in the style of classical Japanese Noh theatre by a revolving cast of TikTok influencers.

12 Likes

It was the worst Christmas ever!

6 Likes

So you’re saying they riff noh movies and do noh comedy? Well why do it at all then?!

13 Likes

Noh theater is classic Japanese drama. Noh plays have been produced since the 13th century and Noh actors are revered, even today.

12 Likes

Mystery Science Baby 3000

Network execs use their favorite go-to move and add a baby to a long running show
We see Kinga and Max find that a baby was left on the steps of the Gizmoplex.
Can Kinga, Max and Pearl raise a baby and still maintain their level of evil? Watch and find out!!

3 Likes