Mystery Science Pathfinder 3000 - A Play by Post RPG Campaign

Hopefully your dad doesn’t also have a chigger infestation around his grill.

2 Likes

I had already applied them for that anyway, so works for me.

Johnny unlocks the temple door after Medio declares the way clear. The lock is noisy despite having been oiled, and no matter what you do the old stone door on sagging hinges is going to scrape on the floor. After opening the door, Johnny steps into the stairwell room, and hears the sound of feet, running down the stairs from above. A skinny Grimlock comes scampering down the stairs, it is eyeless, but sniffing the air constantly. It startles when it sniffs in Johnny’s direction, missing a step, and overcompensating by throwing itself up the stairs a few steps.

When it finally recovers, the Grimlock speaks in Undercommon, which I don’t believe Johnny speaks. Bonnie is in earshot, however, and she, at least is fluent in Undercommon. The Grimlock takes a few hesitant steps down the stairs as bonnie provides the translation, “Forbidden door… open!”

2 Likes

“Are you one of Ug’lok-go’s band?”

1 Like

The Grimlock nods it’s head while simultaneously hopping from foot to foot. “Big Boss Ug’lok-go send I. Me wait long time… up there." he points up the stairs. “He say give message to Boss Killas come talk Ug’lok-go.”

1 Like

“Ug’lok-go wants a word with us, guys. Looks like they didn’t make it very far after all.”

1 Like

The Grimlock nods again, “Need help, please come.” He motions for you to follow him and runs down the stairs.

1 Like

I’m a bit tired, so time for go to bed. Will hopefully have a few minutes to jump on before I head out in the morning.

3 Likes

We should follow him, but keep alert. We did kill 2/3 of their tribe and force them out of their comfortable home, so the chances of an ambush are greater than zero.

2 Likes

“Yeah, lookin’ at this poor skinny guy, I almost feel bad for messing the floor with’em.”

Did he call us “Boss Killas”? Is that what you said, Kid?

We may have our party name.

3 Likes

:peanuts: - Can’t wait till the rap album drops.

3 Likes

We could let the grimlocks move back into the second floor, if you’d like. If they continue to respect us and let us pass through, all is well.

1 Like

“You Boss Killas.” The Grimlock agrees, “You kill Big Boss Sees All.”

You follow the Grimlock down the stairs. The door that was closed before is now open, and the Grimlock takes you into the room then stands by one side of the door. There is another eyeless Grimlock flanking the other side of the door. Ug’lok-go stands against the wall on the other side of the room, the Zoidberg Grimlock, and a couple of other Grimlocks with eyes are in the room as well.

The only other exit from the room has no door, but rather a metal and chain-link contraption that looks like it slides up and down to open and close via levers next to it. It is currently open, and leads to a 10’ long cage with a similar contraption on the other end. Cables and pulleys attached to that door seem like they also connect to the levers in this room. That far cage door is also open, and beyond it is a dark open space.

“Boss Killa Bonnie, Boss Killa Mart,” Ug’lok-go bows his head and spreads his open hands wide as you enter, “Uhh, and all other Boss Killas.” He clearly can’t remember all of your names, even if he got them before. “Big Boss Ug’lok-go need help. We hungry, we thirsty, we not find old way to before land. Big ugly creature hunt us, kill us make us sick, and we lose more to meat traps. Can help us find old way?”

ETA: that’s about all I have time for this morning. Will be back tomorrow.

1 Like

This must be the Meat Trap level. Cuthbert had better ride under the flap of my backpack awhile. I’m not sure these Grimlocks would recognize his status-by-association as a Boss Killa.

2 Likes

Is this all that’s left of their tribe? Bonnie feels bad.

She tells them they can go back up the stairs to get water from the big tub. As for food, is any of the stuff in the top level storeroom immediately edible? Not sure how Imbrex or the grimlocks converted all that grain and stuff into food.

Bonnie will ask Ug’lok-go what this monster looks like and what it does, what the meat traps are, and what that cage mechanism does. She suspects it used to hold this monster they’re talking about.

1 Like

I’m going to preroll a couple of checks for that lobster trap to make sure we understand how it works for when we are ready to examine it carefully.

Knowledge (Engineering): 19 +9 = 28
Perception: 4 +8 +2 Alertness = 14

Note: Check to see if we can move the levers (or bypass them) with Mage Hand or via a rope before we lock ourselves in (on purpose, accidentally, or by betrayal).

1 Like

They may not want to go up to the top, least they are noticed and killed by knights guarding the tower.

1 Like

The knights aren’t supposed to enter the tower. But I guess they might have bows. Maybe we should move some food and water down to this level. Nevil and Zec won’t shoot at us.

Also, searching the walls for secret doors. Perception result 13. No, nothing here.

1 Like

LA casts detect magic on the cage (from outside of it) and the levers.

Not likely to be magical, but you can never be too safe.

1 Like

I’ll join you in the search.

Perception: 25

1 Like