Mystery Science Pathfinder 3000 - A Play by Post RPG Campaign

Johnny, this dagger is still freshly sharpened, right?

OOC: What was the bonus from the sharpening again?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s sharpened. It gives you +1 damage the first time you successfully stab something. But you have to remember to add it. I have yet to remember.

2 Likes

And while I am thinking about it, LA casts detect magic at the ceiling. Is there some sort of magical aura radiating down from the level above that is harming them?

1 Like

I suspect someone is setting out poisoned meat for them. If we could collect some of that meat and LA casts Purify Food & Drink on it, that would take care of the grimlocks’ immediate hunger problem.

If they need to get all the way to the bottom of the tower to get back to the Darklands, that might be a long haul… we will want to let them live up here until we clear the whole place. :crossed_fingers:

Didn’t they say that other grimlocks – the “Foul Ones” – used to come up the stairs to trade with Big Boss, and that’s where their meat came from? If so, there must be a clear path… maybe a portal somewhere on this level? And the other grimlocks must have a way of bypassing the traps.

One of Ug’lok-go’s band was a recent “Foul One” – is that one still alive?

1 Like

There is a chance that there are other grimlocks immediately on the other side of the lobster trap, and they are planning on solving their meat shortage with our trapped and slaughtered corpses.

1 Like

LA does not have Purify Food and Drink prepped today, but if we determine we need it, he can prep it for the next day.

2 Likes

Joke’s on them. I’m gamey.

3 Likes

“But I’m pre-marinated! I’ll make my own gravy!”

2 Likes

There’s probably more meat on Cuthbert than there is on Medio.

1 Like

I survived the Ozarks, and yes banjo’s were heard (darn near started a fight), tears were shed, booze was drank in copious amounts, but first I managed to corral the Puddlebranch family, umm, I mean the Hippy Grandkids for a photo in great-grandpa’s sun room:

Anyhow, I am only slightly inebriated at this point, and will get to catching up on the thread…

5 Likes

Is that the girl who got her flute hijacked by Torgo?

1 Like

Medio has a pretty good handle on how they operate, they are fairly simple. The left lever in the room raises and lowers the closest gate, while the right level operates the one on the other end. There is a rather complex locking mechanism on both ends that keeps them from opening without using the levers. Disable Device roll would be able to defeat the locks so that they could be opened without the levers.

1 Like

Heh, yup, she has been practicing the recorder for the last few months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you watched Wild Rebels too?

2 Likes

Ug’lok-go tells you that without the stove from the level above (which is not movable) they are unable to prepare most meals, and they have also run out of Blackfire clay to heat their food. They also would prefer more meat in their diet, and the only meat available is from the meat traps, which are dangerous. The lack of potable water is the largest problem, however, and they will be happy to obtain the water from the top level, but have never been up there.

They refer to the creature as Lotsa Eyes Many Legs. That is also pretty much how they describe it. It ties Grimlocks up in sticky ropes, and it’s bite makes them weak.

1 Like

So, we’re looking at a giant spider-like thing.

1 Like

LOL, I have a nephew who plays the banjo. This is also the nephew who fell into the bonfire two years ago (he was drunk by early afternoon), and he is a lot of fun to have around. My Dad built a bit of a wall around the firepit this year to avoid any other accidents of the sort, and I am happy to report that no one fell in the fire this year.

2 Likes

No secret doors found.

1 Like

There is still a big tank of water on the second level… the one they were using before. If that runs out they can get the water from the top level.

Until we solve their problem, they can go up and continue using the stove.

Boss Killa Larry has magic that can make the meat safe to eat, but he won’t be able to use it until tomorrow.

Can they use the coal from the brazier fuel to work the stove for now?

“Lotsa Eyes” sounds like the monster may be a giant spider modified by the weird eye experiments Imbrex and his cronied were involved in.

Bonnie asks how the meat traps work.

2 Likes

Yes, he is the other “guard” at the door of the room.

Ug’lok-go offers a bit more of an explanation about current circumstances. The Grimlocks in this room are not the only ones left. He motions towards the caged in door, and indicates that there are quite a few Grimlocks there. He also tells you that they no longer refer to the other Grimlocks as “foul ones”. It seems that they now outnumber Ug’lok-go and his crew of modified Grimlocks, and are now more equal members of their society. Ug’lok-go offers to show you past the cage doors so that you can see the circumstances they find themselves in.

1 Like