Netflix Stock Tumbling After Revealing A Loss Of 200,000 Subscribers.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! :smiley:

5 Likes

They laid off 150 people today.

1 Like

Looks like the adaptation of Wings of Fire got hit by the recent wave of Netflix cancellations.

2 Likes
1 Like

I can’t believe that Netflix paid Ricky Gervais $40 million to be smug, unfunny, and transphobic.

10 Likes

BlockquoteI can’t believe that Netflix paid Ricky Gervais $40 million to be smug, unfunny, and transphobic.

Especially when he does that for free on social media.

3 Likes

We knew there would be casualties when more and more streaming services started popping up.

Whoever wins, wins. The good shows and movies will find homes.

1 Like

Only in a world where time is infinite does that sh*t not exact a toll from the viewer. :wink:

1 Like

The folk I know who have cut Netflix are a) being squeezed by the cost of living and b) are working in the office more, so they’ve less time to spend watching Netflix.

2 Likes

At the start of this scenario, I had said they were okay for the time being and needed to do damage control.

That window’s closed.

3 Likes

I hope the animation projects still scheduled to air manage to release first.

1 Like

I hope the last season of Stranger Things can still air.

1 Like

The stock market is why we can’t have nice things anymore. Only shareholders matter, customers are just an annoyance.

8 Likes

Oh, how times have changed…

4 Likes

All I can say in response to this situation is…

Summary

2 Likes

One Month Later…

lol, I love that the subtext here is “Oh, no, is streaming dooomed?!?!”

3 Likes

No. Just Netflix. LOL! If you go with the pessimism.

1 Like

Got an email for a survey from Netflix, going on and on that my opinion matters. I start the survey, it asks a handful of questions about what streaming services I know about, then the survey ends. So I guess they didn’t want my “opinion” after all…

At the rate I’m watching less and less on Netflix I think in a year I’ll probably stop subscribing, there are 2 or 3 shows they still have that I want to watch, and then if there’s nothing new there’s no reason to spend $21 a month on it.

2 Likes

TWENTY-ONE DOLLARS A MONTH!?!?

Holy crap, glad I dropped it when it was still…IDK…$12.95?

2 Likes

I think the $21 is the Premium plan, which allows for screening on four different devices simultaneously AND Ultra HD.

There are less expensive plans available, but they canceled MST3K, so I’m not about to consider them.

3 Likes