New Christmas Episode Suggestions

[ETA - Sorry. Should’ve written An American Christmas Carol. The one starring Henry Winkler because I guess Ben Murphy was busy that week. It’d be glorious if they could get their hooks in it. Somehow.]

2 Likes

There are a lot of turkeys to fight around the holiday season.

5 Likes

I just learned of this movie today, and I know next to nothing about it except the title, but by God what a title- A Karate Christmas Miracle.

7 Likes

I agree whole heartedly on the Christmas Martian. I really hope I get to see it riffed somewhere.

3 Likes

I agree with the gender-reversed IAWL attempt, and I think Potter got away with taking the money in that version, too (I had an idea on how he would be punished that would have been 1946-approved).
Fun fact: when Rifftrax riffed most of the original (still waiting for the full Just the Jokes version), there was a riff where Peter Bailey’s ghost wishes he had a daughter instead of George). Yeah?
I will admit in the first three minutes, one of the angels complains about the loud fanfare. Nice touch.

2 Likes

Wow. That title is a gift all by itself.

4 Likes

Yeah, it could’ve been a lot worse than it was. Too bad they didn’t go all out and “63” everyone, including Potter. But that’s showbiz.

I don’t know whether I’d make it through the RT’ed version. After 5 minutes of the Wizard Of Oz preview, I just wanted them to STFU so I could enjoy the proceedings as-is.

1 Like

There’s already a sequel! A Wrestling Christmas Miracle.

3 Likes

Sounds like similar potential, but it doesn’t have the same ring to it.

4 Likes

And for that pun you get a Tombstone Piledriver.

2 Likes

I am so ashamed right now.

I didn’t realize I had punned until you pointed it out.

4 Likes

It was such a good one, too!

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone has mentioned “Stalking Santa” (2006) - an independent release that has Bill Shatner in a featured role.

TRAILER:
Stalking Santa Trailer

4 Likes

Alexandra Salkind’s
the Move Starling Dudley Moore

9 Likes

Stalking Santa doesn’t take itself very seriously at all. It’s a spoof of the paranormal/cryptid documentaries that infest certain cable networks, so it might not work well as a riff.

3 Likes

It’d probably never be feasible due to rights issues, but in its second season the 80s sitcom ALF did a very dark, very weird made for TV Christmas special. Complete with a terminally ill child and an attempted suicide. It’s all very weird and awkward.

2 Likes

This would be a gold mine- I’d love it to happen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Behold!

Somehow they managed to rope legendary cinematographer Dean Cundey into this one.

2 Likes

Cameramen gotta eat, too.

2 Likes

Please tell me Burgess Meredith is playing a penguin in this.

3 Likes