Premier League '22-'23 Season

Hah hah, hee hee, I was literally laughing at the last few goals. That was just hahahahah levels of bad.

David de Gea is my favorite PL player, so I feel bad for him, and I’m not crushed (Brighton is my main team), but woof. What a reality check.

2 Likes

Good Lord Utd had a shocker today. I haven’t seen any of the match yet as I’ll catch Match of the Day after the F1 highlights tonight.

2 Likes

Protip if you want it: First half is pretty entertaining. The horror show starts early in the second half.

2 Likes
  1. Brendan Rodgers has “left Leicester City by mutual agreement.” Slightly surprising, but perhaps necessary. Leicester has been floundering badly this season, and they shouldn’t be. Something obviously needed to happen.

2. Graham Potter has been sacked by Chelsea after a bad loss to Aston Villa. I was still angry at him for absconding from Brighton like he did, now that it’s done, I do feel for Potter. I had a bad feeling going into it that he was going to have a rough time, and it’s all come crashing down. Chelsea really should’ve stuck with Tuchel.

This has been a wild season for manager sackings (and “leaving by mutual agreement,” which I usually read as “leave before you’re sacked”)…Parker, Lage, Hasenhuttl, Tuchel, Lampard, Gerrard, Marsch, Jones, Vieira, Conte, Rodgers, Potter…it’s been a bloodbath.

I feel like we’re in the Oprah Winfrey Meme:

“YOU GET A SACKING AND YOU GET A SACKING AND YOU GET A SACKING!!”

(If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go set up camp in front of Roberto de Zerbi’s office and threaten to bite anyone wanting to “have a conversation” with him.)

2 Likes

Frank Lampard taking over from Chelsea for the remainder of the season. That’s uh, a decision for sure.

Can’t blame Potter for taking the Chelsea job. They’re a bigger club with Champions’ League pedigree and massive resources. I think some managers are just better equipped at dealing with superstar players than others. Doesn’t make them bad managers just maybe not suited to the biggest clubs. He seems a good bloke though so I hope he gets another job soon.

1 Like

Yeah, this feels so weird…but somehow right at the same time?

3 Likes

That was downright criminal what happened to Brighton today.

1 Like

Don’t even get me started. We are freaking LIVID.

I really don’t believe in match fixing, but damn, stuff like that makes me wonder…

1 Like

Wrexham could get promoted today but Boreham scored after 45 seconds but now Wrexham equalised as I write this.

1 Like

Went final…who says fairy tales don’t come true?

2 Likes

And that’s the end of that chapter.

It was a better run for Arsenal than I expected. Brighton and Aston Villa are playing European competitions next year while Tottenham and Chelsea sit on the sides. Tough break for Leicester City but I don’t expect them or Southampton to stay in the ECL for long. Leeds on the other hand…

3 Likes

Manchester City wins the title. snore Kind of sad Arsenal faltered at the end, but man, they had quite a run, didn’t they?

My Brighton is going to Europe!! But then, my Leicester got relegated (and there was NO REASON for them to be that bad this year!).

Burnley, Sheffield United, and freaking LUTON TOWN are coming up, while Leeds and Southampton join Leicester in the drop.

Such a weird and exciting season!

2 Likes

Heard about this the other day, so I looked this team up to know more about them and this is so cool:

You have to walk above someone’s backyard to get to the stadium!

2 Likes

Leicester are going to need one hell of a rebuild. It could all go belly up for them fast if they don’t start well.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Premier League ‘23 - ‘24 Season!

Started a new thread for the new season!