Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

1 Like

Big announcement comingā€¦

Rumor has it they are announcing an Indiana Jones-universe TV show. Further speculation is that Ke Huy Quan will star reprising his role as Short Round, set in the 1950s-1960s.

I wouldā€¦really, really, really like that. I am prepared to be disappointed, however. :laughing:

Meet back here at 5pm (uh, Eastern? Pacific? Who knows?) tomorrow to see how right or wrong the Internet is!

1 Like

Well, there is something expected on June 30, 2023, and now is about the time Iā€™d expect to see a teaser trailer dropā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, and I thought about that, but with Empire yelling about a ā€œworld exclusiveā€ā€¦and new Indy stuff dropped at D23, so I dunno if Iā€™d call it a world exclusive at this point, LOL!

Iā€™m just really, really, really hoping for a Short Round something. I think it would be a marvelous breath of fresh air!

1 Like

So it could be The Not-So-Young Indiana Jones Chronicles?

1 Like

Not gonna lieā€¦ I hate Temple of Doom and Short Round was a big reason why.

But itā€™s several decades later, in both real and story time, so weā€™ll see.

I really want to see Chris Pratt take over as Indyā€¦ but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever in my life had a pet casting wish come true, so itā€™s not going to happen.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only had one pet casting wish come true, and that was when they cast Mary Jo to take over when Frank left!

I donā€™t hate Short Round (although I think the name is kinda racist), but I hated Temple of Doom, too - for lots of reasons, too many to go into here.

Mostly because the whole tone was ā€˜letā€™s gross out my sister!ā€™

I grew up with three brothers - I donā€™t need any more of that crap (and neither should anyone over the age of 8)

1 Like

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

2 Likes

Kate Capshaw was actually a bigger problem for me than Short Round.

Very possibly the worst acting Iā€™ve ever seen by anyone in a major motion picture.

1 Like

Ke Huy Quan was very good in Everything Everywhere All At Once.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure the actor is fine. It was the character. Sooooo annoying.

2 Likes

As kids tend to be. :laughing:

And yes, Willie the character was actively unlikable; the worst thing about Doom, IMO.

As for a possible recast of Indy - Harrison Ford has said multiple times, vehemently, that he doesnā€™t want anyone else to play the role and while technically that doesnā€™t mean anything, I agree. Let Indy go. Iā€™m all about giving Short Round a go - that is definitely not the characterā€™s ā€œbirth nameā€ - or heck, letā€™s see what Marion was up to before (:face_with_spiral_eyes:) Crystal Skull.

2 Likes

Welp, @RRRob was right; just an ā€œannouncementā€ of Indy 5, which we all already knew about. Still wouldnā€™t call it a ā€œworld-exclusive,ā€ but to-mato, to-mahto.

I am pretty excited, even after Crystal Skull, for this. Iā€™ve had a soft spot for Indy my whole life, and as this is the last hurrah, I am hoping itā€™s good.

And that Harrison Ford didnā€™t insist they kill off Indy too.

1 Like

In this episode, Indy goes in search of the Golden Prostate of Chichen Itza.

1 Like
1 Like

I donā€™t care if its plot is paper-think or solid as granite, just look at it.

1 Like

Well, the first Avatar was pretty. Really pretty.

But the story was so derivative that pretty didnā€™t matter much.

1 Like

The thing that fascinates me about Avatar was how huge it was at the time, but how small of an impression it left on everyone. Like- based on the numbers, everyone SAW Avatar, but most people you ask can barely summarize the plot or name more than 2 characters. Thatā€™s not how nerdy movies usually work when they get that big.

1 Like

Was Avatar a rehash of Dances With Wolves or of Ferngully?

Discuss.

3 Likes

My post in the Avatar needs to make 2 billion dollars thread:

2 Likes