Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

Exactly.

So, ok.

Very promising

1 Like

Plus, if COVID-19 subvariant Omicron BA.2 has a similar ā€œnew casesā€ curve to the original Omicron, it ought to just be tailing off about the time Thor: Love and Thunder is scheduled to hit theaters in July.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

New trailer for Sonic Origins just droppedā€¦

1 Like

Regarding the Thor trailer; the people who spend hours literally analyzing every single frame of footage have pointed out something potentially interesting. In the shot that shows Thor and Korg watching the Benatar leaving them on what is presumed to be Saakar, the shot is framed rather oddly with Thor and Korg off to one side, leaving a blank space to Thorā€™s right. People are now suggesting that someone may have been digitally erased from the trailer (similar to the No Way Home trailer which digitally erased Tobey Maguireā€™s and Andrew Garfieldā€™s Spider Man appearances), and the leading contender for the person who may be standing there isā€¦ Beta Ray Bill. Thereā€™s no real evidence for this other than a lot of serious hoping, but the shot is suspicious, so I can agree thereā€™s possibly someone thatā€™s been digitally erased from the trailer, I just donā€™t know if itā€™s Beta Ray. We shall see!

1 Like

In case you were curious about the first two levels of Shredderā€™s Revenge, a preview dropped today, complete with voice acting

1 Like

I hypothesize that itā€™s Daryl of Team Thor. I mean, we havenā€™t seen the guy in, like, forever!

2 Likes

New trailer for Lightyear dropped.

3 Likes

:musical_note: Called it! :notes: Sort of.

1 Like
2 Likes

Oh, crap. I gasped at ā€˜five year missionā€™ and started outright bawling at the echoes of Alexander Courageā€™s original theme.

I am so hopeful for this and also so afraid of being disappointed.

3 Likes

Interesting take on the theme. They kept the flavor of the Alexander Courage version without going completely Enterprise (and I say that as someone who liked the Enterprise theme :slight_smile: )

Some of the visuals had a Next Gen vibe to them.

Man I really want this to be good. Please, please be good.

2 Likes

Save the teaser and the Pike character trailer, Iā€™ve managed to avoid all SNW footage. I developed the bad habit of ā€œwaitingā€ for scenes that I would see in multiple trailers, so I try to limit my exposure.

Besides, if I got any more psyched for this, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™d explode!!! :exploding_head::grin::heart_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes:

(Oh, and this is from the official premiere this past weekend. Stylish group!)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also succeeded in avoiding most of the preview footage. The one thing I have gathered through skimming articles is that SNW is intended to be far more episodic than the more recent series (DISCO and PIC, in particular, LD and Prodigy to a lesser extent), though there will be character arcs. Now this can be good (TOS and TNG at their best) or bad (VOY, whose premise really cried out for ongoing story arcs and wound up being almost ludicrously episodic for syndication purposes). Weā€™ll have to see how it plays out in todayā€™s streaming era.

That said, we know how some of the character arcs will end simply because this is an even more immediate prequel to TOS than DISCO started as! Six of the main cast are characters weā€™ve already encountered in the TOS era: Pike, Spock, Una (ā€œNumber Oneā€), Uhura, Chapel, and Mā€™benga. Heck, theyā€™ve already cast Kirk for next season!

1 Like

I wasnā€™t aware of the movie or its trailer, butā€¦ wow.

I donā€™t wanna be the guy who jumps all over other stuff, but the art style for that movie looks ghastly.

This is why stick figures should never be rendered in 3D.

1 Like
3 Likes

Daniel Radcliffe is about the most unexpected choice for this role. But, I know he can be very funny.

2 Likes

Wow, that was. . .dull.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it the benefit of the doubt since itā€™s Funny or Die and theyā€™re the same team behind that Art of the Deal meta biopic with Johnny Depp.

1 Like

This old Geeky Girl is SO EXCITED!
The perfect movie bio-parody, for the perfect song parody person.
I can not wait for fall.
ā€˜Weird: The Al Yankovic Storyā€™ Trailer

5 Likes

@KnitsWithPenguins My mind, she is explodeded! This has to be a put-on. Daniel Whasisname? I would pay serious money to see this.

3 Likes